Sitting ducks

"And let the Chaos continue!"    * Ominous laughter *   Ah, it is my favourite quote! Chaos, chaos, chaos! Try to control the Chaos!

Dear readers, another chapter has come live! If you liked it, please, let me know by hitting the star yellow! Thank you! :)

Yours sincerely: The author

Judy quietly entered Stu's cabinet. She stood there, in the middle of the small room, looking around and peering at every corner. In front of her, Stu sat in a chair on wheels. It was incredible how he could move it, since it severely overtopped his own size and was, supposedly, pretty heavy. But such details did not bother Judy right now. She had grown worried of two reasons:

Her father had turned his back, so what she saw at this very moment, was actually the gigantic chair and its movements in space. Normally, Stu gave a warm welcoming to his relatives and even friends. Staying in his cabinet in such a late hour and desiring to speak eye – to – eye was most unlike him. It meant that either Stu was angry of someone, or something terrible had happened to him. Which one was supposed to be true? Judy's assumptions directed to the first hypothesis.

Another reason: Violet was left alone with the others in the dining room. In fact, this was the only issue, which truly disrupted Judy's calmness. Though she knew her family would never betray her, she still hid suspicions, even to her auntie. What if any of her relatives appeared to be acting on behalf of... the Agency? Judy did not even know who they were. Before she assasinated her assassin in the park, she tried to get some answers, but no luck... all she received was hostility and a murder attempt. And after that, in professor Rattensberg's house... he gave her barely a detail or two... Lost in her thoughts, Judy didn't notice Stu, who was now standing in front of her.

„Judy..." he whispered and this was all. Stu couldn't figure out how he felt at this moment. It was the same feeling as when Judy encountered her mother. Total confusion. Stu just remained silent. Judy quickly hustled up and lifted her head. She looked her father in the eyes.

Some time passed. Suddenly, Stu burst into tears. He fell on his knees in front of his daughter.

„Judy! Judy, please, I beg of you.... I beg of you! Forgive me...." he sniffed and hiccupped and could not stop. Judy got scared.

„Dad! What is wrong? What has happened?" Judy asked question after question. But Stu just repeated:

„Forgive me.... Forgive me....."

„Mom!" Judy shouted. Moments afterwards, Bonnie was in Stu's cabinet as well. She also heard the cry and hurried to see what was going on. When she entered, she stood there shocked...

For the first time in her life, Bonnie saw her husband fallen on his knees, and in front of their child... Bonnie shook her head in disbelief.

„Stu... What on Zearth..." She asked, but Stu did not stop crying.

„Dad, please... calm down! What has happened?" Judy gently caressed her father's head.

„Stu! Behave as befits to an adult! PLEASE!" Bonnie scolded her husband.

Gradually, Stu regained control over himself. He slowly stood up and looked at his daughter.

„Judy, please... for one last time... forgive me... Forgive me! I've been a terrible parent!"