Would you dare to explain...

Dear Readers, 

It has been a while since the last publishment. Despite all the odds, the story continues! ^^ 

What is going to happen next? Is Judy destined to spend the rest of her life alone? Won't the Agency give up on chasing her at last? Where did Shadow go? Where did Violet and Nick go? Find out in this and the next chapters! ^^

Meanwhile, if you enjoy the story, let me know by hitting the star!

YOURS SINCERELY:

KOSTA

Several days passed, but Judy was still in shock. Even though the doctors who had examined her after the infelicitous events had said she was physically stable, it was clear she suffered from a heavy stress. The days ahead would not be easy. Everyone sympathized her and tried to comfort her. Strange as it may seemed, this was the reaction of politeness and good manners, not so much of a true care. All, or at least most had experienced the same or much similar to what Judy relieved. Although zociety sympathized her, it could not abandon its issues. Time and life flew ahead, and Judy had to adapt, just as everyone else did. In fact, Judy herself realized that fact.

Yet, there were zootopians, who truly cared about her. The Hopps and the Philips were constantly next to Judy. Ramsey and Jessica offered her shelter. Judy accepted, but with certain reserves – she would be just a "guest", not a permanent inhabitant of the Philips' dome. Her place was, after all, the apartment where she and Nick used to live in together.

Bonnie constantly tried to convince her daughter to return to the Burrows. Unlike Ramsey and Jessica, Judy's mother did not have the opportunity to constantly be around, and she would not bear it if she heard her most precious child has gone as well. The strike was heavy enough already – both Judy's husband and daughter. What was more, Judy had to take care of the little raccoon, and assuming the circumstances, anyone would doubt if she could manage.

Even though she was crushed inside, Judy continued going at work. Clawhauser and even Chief Bogo tried to convince her to stay at home for a while... She would be on a paid leave until she felt ready enough... Chief Bogo even reasoned that her job required constant concentration and he doubted if Judy was at any state to cope with her duties. And no, he did not doubt her professional attitude or abilities. Bogo perfectly realized the loss Judy had to relieve...

But Judy herself was hard – set. Her desire to find and punish the criminals who took out her family grew with every single passing day. She would find them and then... There, reason took over her mind. Judy would not let insanity be her major engine. In fact, this was just what the Agency wanted. They thought she had no stamina and would collapse after her husband's death. But they could not imagine how wrong they were...

One day, as Judy entered her workplace, she heard a chat between two of her colleagues...

"What do we do now? It appears the SZPD is without a Chief... "

"Well, we could wait for some time. You know, there are these terms..."

"Forget the terms... we must act now!"

Judy sharpened ears at this one and turned her recording device on...

"You hear me? Now is our chance! The SZPD's Chief is gone..."

"But... the Vice – Chiefs..."

"Forget about them! Make sure OUR candidate wins the elections."