Integration

Dear Readers, I'm happy to announce that the "Wilde Family" has reached 50 chapters and more than 200 pages total! YAY! Once again, I wish to express my gratitude for your amazing support and feedback! 

Don't hesitate to vote, share and comment! The story continues and your voice is quite important! Thank you! :)

Sincerely:

Kosta

Marrie examined agent 47 carefully with eyes semi – closed. Her strict gaze fell upon Judy and made her blood freeze in the veins. Judy could do nothing but stay and wait.

Some time passed. Marrie and Judy stared at each other and said no word. The situation was clear and now, Judy expected the judgement. And it did not come late.

"So..." Marrie sighed heavily. Judy looked at the raccoon's face. Marrie's lifted her right eyebrow. Judy immediately lowered her head and stared at the ground. Short silence.

"You find anything interesting on the floor, except for the corpse, the blood and the dust?" Marrie's voice pierced the silence. It was strict and sharp and made Judy turn pallid. She already feared of what could follow, but now it appeared, at least to her, that the end had come at last. Judy was completely surrounded by agents. Even if she managed to overthrow some of them, the others would finish her. THEY were all armed and Marrie was well – known for her cold – blooded temper and self – defense skills. That didn't mean Judy was incapable, but compared to Marrie and her companions, the battle would not be equal, at any point.

Suddenly, Judy got up and turned at Marrie. The instant reaction made all the agents stay sharp. They pointed their machine – guns at Judy.

"Don't even think about it, rogue! One more move, and you're a passenger!"

In response, Judy just saluted. Despite being horrified by the circumstances, she would not let the agents brand her a fool. Judy knew already that paying attention to every single detail and respecting your enemy could grant you unexpected advantage, even when you were severely outnumbered. Judy made an attempt, the consequences of which she could not predict. Yet, she wanted to make a bare try. Contrary to her negative expectations, the plan worked. Marrie's firm facial expression faded away and a wide smile appeared.

"Well, Margaret, I didn't expect this on your behalf!" she pointed, as she took out her dagger and started playing with it. In fact, Judy was prepared to meet the cold – blooded assassin, called Marrie, and face her and her dagger in a mortal combat. Instead, Marrie was somewhat satisfied from what she saw.

"What kind of monster is she?" Judy thought, as she measured the possibilities. Marrie did not even shudder at the way the male agent was stabbed.

"So... congratulations! You got your first victim on the line, yes?" Marrie nodded with a laugh. And I just thought of sending you on a murder mission! But you have done it already, I see, good work! Just.... Could you please come to my cabinet? For a minute? Just to ask you something?"

Judy was not impressed neither by the way Marrie spoke, nor by her invitation. She knew she had no choice at all. Either she obeyed and went, or she disobeyed and fought. Judy had a choice, but this was not her aim. She wanted to collect as much data as she could before leaving and she would use all her pros and advantages in order to achieve this goal of hers. And so, Judy followed Marrie.

While they passed among the agents, who have swarmed the sector, Judy noticed something, which drew her attention. The way they behaved. All of them have turned pallid and stared horrified at her, unable to make a single move or to pronounce a single word. As Judy passed, they opened her a path and kept a distance. To them, she was no less fierce than Marrie herself. Judy looked at their faces once more. The agents had turned pallid to the last. They feared her, it was obvious. But, amongst all, there were agents who envied her. Judy had the opportunity to observe them as well. Then, she spotted her "assistants", who helped her in the equipping. Their eyes blew with hostility, and they behaved as If they never used to know her, yet branded her an assassin.