The interrogation

Nick and Ramsey looked at each other for some time. Nick smiled at his friend. But Ramsey was not feeling so happy. It was as if... he knew why they had called him.

"Ramsey! Long time no see, old friend! How are you?" Nick spoke.

"Nick..." Ramsey spoke. "Where is my wife?"

"Don't worry, Ram, she's all safe and sound. She is upwards." Nick answered. Meanwhile, he felt quite strange and uneasy. Ramsey's sight was a bit hostile.

"I want to see her." His tone was cold.

"Sure... " Nick spoke, as he lowered his head. "It's your home, after all..."

"Thanks, Nick..." Ramsey spoke. Not long afterwards, he hugged Jessica.

"My husband!" She cried. "My husband is back!"

"Yes, yes, Dear, everything's fine..." Ramsey comforted her. "I guess you've been scared to death..."

"Oh, Ram... I nearly fell insane! But thanks God, you're alive! I thought they might have done something to you..."

"Well... they threatened me, for sure." Ramsey spoke. Nick had sharpened his ears.

"Who has been threatening you?" he suddenly asked Ramsey.

Ramsey shuddered. He remembered the Head of the SZPD №2 was standing behind him...

"It's strictly confidential, Nick, I'm sorry..." he spoke

"Oh..." Nick responded.

"Tell me something, Nick... why have you come here? To torture my family?" Ramsey asked. This last made Nick freeze out of surprise.

"What on Zearth are you talking, Ram!? We are best friends!" Nick spoke.

"And you expect me to believe you're not here to wipe us out?" Ramsey's tone was the coldest possible.

"Ram... I don't know what have you passed through... but believe me... My life ain't easy either."

"Why would I trust you?" Ramsey asked. "It is obvious you know everything about me... of who I really am.... So why don''t you act straight, point that machine – gun at me and end everything!?" Ramsey shouted. But Nick got it... the beaver was just scared for his family. And Nick guessed why. During all the time, Ramsey took fierce looks at Lilla... As if he knew her.... As if he had encountered her before...

"Yes! I'm one of THEM! But did I have a choice? Did I? NO! You don't understand! THEY forced me..." tears appeared in Ramsey's eyes. He barely stood on his feet. "You know what's the best solution now? Kill me, and let's finish this once and forever!" Ramsey shouted.

Nick remained cold – blooded. Lilla, who stood behind him, took out a sniper rifle. Ramsey did not spot her. Neither did Nick.

BANG!

Nick jumped. He turned around and saw Lilla...

"LILLA! WHAT ON ZEARTH..."

Instead of explaining, Lilla just pointed at the adjacent building. Nick peered through the window and saw it... a dark, masked figure was lying on the nearby roof.

"We've just eliminated the threat." She nodded. Nick's lower jaw dropped.

"You had a sniper rifle!?" Nick could not believe his eyes.

"Yes, does that surprise you, Wilde?" Lilla spoke with a cold expression.

"No, but... it seemed like..."