14. A Darkness Lurking

Free... I'm finally free...

"Man, that was a close call..." Yusei said aloud, until he realized something. "Wait! Rai, where are the twins?!" He then exclaimed.

"Relax, Yusei, they took off a while ago. I told them to go on without me so I could go find you and Akiza."

Yusei sighed in relief. "Oh, well that's good..." He said, calming down. "Anyhow, we should probably get Akiza to a doctor."

Rai nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that would probably be best..."

"While Akiza gets looked at, I'll just have you stay with me at my friend, Blister's place, if you don't mind, I mean."

"Oh, no, not at all, especially since I have nowhere else to go now." Rai waved her hands.

Yusei nodded. "Alright, then let's get going..."

"Yeah..." Rai agreed. "Come on, Akiza, let's get you somewhere safe."

She merely sniffed. "Th-thank you, Rai, f-for...being there...for me."

Rai smiled softly. "Of course..."

Once the two had gotten Akiza to a doctor, both Rai and Yusei head over to Blister's, the friend Yusei had mentioned. When they got there, Rai sighed, only to then examine her clothes, which caused her to frown. "Ugh... I wish I had some different clothes, because wearing this makes me feel so wrong..."

"I think I might be able to help with that." Yusei spoke up.

"Hm?" Rai glanced back at the raven in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Here." He said, holding up some neatly folded clothes, but they were ones Rai recognized as she took them into her own hands.

"Wait a second... Don't tell me... Are these...?"

"Your old clothes, yeah. I managed to find them while I was searching for Akiza, and this too." Yusei held up the choker he had made for Rai, setting it on top of the clothes. "It's your necklace. It was stuffed away with your clothes, so I grabbed everything for you, since I figured you would wanna get rid of that outfit you were forced to wear as soon as you could."

Rai nodded with a small smile. "Yeah... Thanks, Yusei..."

"No problem. You can go change in the room off to the left if you like, since that's where you'll be sleeping." Yusei offered. "Oh yeah, and before I forget, I'm sure you've been missing this as well."

"Hm? What is it?" She asked.

Yusei reached for his pocket, only to pull out a set of cards. "It's your deck. I managed to snag this as well; I can imagine that you've probably been looking all over for it."

Rai reached out and took the cards from Yusei, staring at her deck for a moment, until she smiled softly. "Man, I haven't seen this thing in forever... Thank you so much for finding my deck for me, Yusei."

"Don't mention it. Now, you go ahead and get changed, okay? I'll be waiting."

Rai gave a nod. "Alright, I'll be back." She then turned and made her leave, heading for the spare room Yusei mentioned.

Once Rai was alone in the spare room, she set the clothes down on the nearby bed before stripping out of her Arcadia uniform. It didn't take long to remove the outfit, but once she did, Rai immediately threw it in the trash, dusting her hands off afterwards. "Good riddance..." She said aloud. "Now then, back into my old clothes."

Rai reached for her clothing as she began to dress herself, slipping her jeans on, pulling her tank top over her head, wrapping the belts around her waist, sliding her boots on, and hulling her vest onto her shoulders. After sliding her arms into her gloves and tightening the belts at the top, she glanced down at the only thing left on the bed, which was her neck choker. Rai reached out and grabbed the accessory, staring at it in her hand for a moment as she grinned.