39. Rise of the Ultimate Immortal

"The bond between humans is so fragile, wouldn't you agree?" Goodwin mused. "The only way to control destiny is to become a god yourself and then create a brand new world of your own making!"

"Tch... Damn it...!" Crow cursed.

Jack, however, was uninterested, quickly riding out in front of the others. "Hmph, I don't care about God, and I don't care about bonds either, because I will surpass them all! Destiny won't affect me, because I'm driving at high speed, so you'll have to catch me first before you can chain me down! Now, it's my turn!" Jack said as he drew a card. "First, I'll set one card facedown, then I'll summon Magic Hole Golem in Defense Mode!"

[LV 3 / ATK 0 / DEF 2000]

"Next, I activate Magic Hole Golem's effect! Once per turn, I can halve the Attack Points of a monster on my field, then I'm allowed to attack you directly, so I choose my Mad Archfiend!"

[Mad Archfiend: 1800 --> 900]

"Mad Archfiend attacks you directly, Goodwin! Now go, Bone Splash!" Jack called out as his monster passed through the ring to lower its Attack Points, only to rush up towards Goodwin as the large mouth on its lower abdomen chomped down a few times, only to then fire bone fragments right at Goodwin, causing him to grunt a bit.

"Urgh...!?"

[Goodwin: 12800 --> 11900]

"Oh, stop joking around, Jack!" Crow taunted. "No matter how fast you go, you can't break our bond! And just to prove my point, I flip over my Trap Card, Shadow Dance! When a monster successfully attacks you directly, you take an additional 1000 points of damage!"

"What...!? Nugh--!?" Goodwin suddenly gasped when it felt like his who body was being clutched onto.

[Goodwin: 11900 --> 10900]

"He's right!" Yusei chimed in. "It doesn't matter whether you're a Signer or not, because we already have a bond called friendship!"

"And that's something we'll never let you take away from us, Goodwin! No matter how many times we may fall, our bond will still remain true so long as we believe in each other!" Said Rai. "With our bond, we'll be the ones to defy destiny!"

"And with that, I flip over my Trap Card, Rising Rush! When you take damage from an effect, I'm now allowed to Special Summon one Tuner Monster from my hand, so come on out, Junk Synchron!" Yusei chained their combo.

[LV 3 / ATK 1300 / DEF 500]

"Alright, it's your turn now, Little Robin!" Jack passed off the baton as he decreased his speed, allowing Rai to come forward.

"With pleasure!" She replied, drawing a card. "And to kick things off, I now tune my Lilith of Lament together with my Lunar Eclipse! Together, even in the darkest of night, from the ashes of the fallen, a new goddess is born! I Synchro Summon...Dark Empress Morgana!!"

[LV 7 / ATK 2400 / DEF 1800][Dark]

"And now, I activate Morgana's Special Ability! Once per turn, by removing one Dark-Type Monster in my Graveyard from play, Morgana's Attack Points get cut in half, but she's then allowed to attack you directly! So, by removing my Lunar Eclipse from the game and decreasing Morgana's attack strength, you're about to feel the cold sting of this fallen deity! Now go, Dark Inferno!"

[Dark Empress Morgana: 2400 --> 1200]

As Rai's monster had its Attack Points decreased, a sinister smirk appeared on its face as it approached Goodwin, causing him to gasp softly, only for Morgana to hold up her staff before black flames engulfed the Dark Signer. "Gaaahhhh!!!"