38. The Man with Two Gods

"Akiza...?" Rai called gently.

"Hm...?" She perked up slightly when Rai had approached her.

"Here... It's...your curler." Rai said as she held up Akiza's metal curler that had fallen out of her hair earlier.

"Mm... Thank you..." Akiza replied as she grabbed the curler and gather up all of her extra hair, wrapping it around her curler so that it was tucked up just above her forehead, just as it had been before her powers had been released.

"Ugh! Oh no, the sun!" Leo suddenly gasped.

"It already set..." Luna warily chimed in.

"We didn't make it in time..." Trudge growled a bit in frustration.

"But everyone who was absorbed should've been returned to the city by now, right?" Mina spoke up.

Rumble...!

"Urgh!?" Everyone suddenly gasped when the ground had begun to shake beneath them.

"What's...going on!?" Trudge exclaimed.

"It's coming from the city!" Mina pointed.

Just as she said this, a bright golden light shot up to the sky, and as it grew to engulf more in its path, a strange shape had suddenly appeared in the sky, almost resembling some sort of bird.

"What's that shape?" Yusei questioned.

"That...almost resembles the condor geoglyph." Rai spoke up.

"Yusei! Rai!" A voice suddenly called.

The two perked up, glancing over just as their two friends, Jack and Crow were pulling up on their Duel Runners, coming to join everyone else.

"Jack! Crow!" Yusei gasped. "You guys came?"

"Okay, so what the hell is that over there?!" Jack pointed out, referring to the goeglyoh in the sky.

"So, you must be Akiza Izisnki." Crow noted, completely ignoring Jack's question. "Well, name's Crow, and I'm a friend of Rai and Yusei's." He said. "But at least it looks like you managed to win your duel as we--"

Rumble...!

Everyone gasped again, Luna clutching onto her brother while Rai and Akiza grabbed onto Yusei when the ground had begun to rumble again. "Another earthquake!?" Rai exasperated.

"Ugh! Look!" Akiza suddenly pointed when she could see a strange, rainbow colored light coming off into the sky from the far south.

"That's in the direction of the old reactor..." Yusei frowned.

"Haaaahh!!!" Rai suddenly cried out, collapsing to her knees as she gripped onto her head, feeling as though it was going to split right open at the slightest touch.

"Rai!" Everyone exclaimed, Yusei instantly rushing to her side.

"Th-the door, it's...it's open...!" Rai gasped. "H-he's here...! Th-the King of the...Underworld...!"

Just as Rai said this, the glow from the opening of the old Ener-D Reactor had begun to die out, and as it did, something horrifying had rose up from that dark abyss. It was massive in size with no real discernible shape to it, as it more resembled a massively large glob of sticky black tar with a set of deep red eyes. Everyone around couldn't help but gasp as this monster slowly spread it tar-like wings, gazing back at the glowing condor geoglyph in the sky. They were all frozen to the core, unable to move a muscle -- it was almost as if they had all been petrified with fear, and the looks on all of their faces said it all too, because this beast was something that should be feared.