17. Where It All Began

When Rai exited the helicopter, she took a deep breath, taking in the bitter scent of burning oil and dirt, yet despite the smell, a small grin appeared on her face. "I had almost forgotten the familiar scent that was the Satellite..."

"Brings back a lot of old memories, doesn't it?"

"More than you know, Yusei..."

He placed an arm around Rai's waist, the redhead turning her gaze towards him. "Well, we've got a lot to do in order to prepare for what's about to come, but first, let's go pay Crow a visit; I'm sure he'll be happy to see you again."

Rai nodded, leaning into Yusei a bit. "Yeah, sounds good. Let's go."

"Right." Yusei nodded before the two turned and head off towards Crow's.

Rai and Yusei didn't rush as they made their way through the Satellite, everyone greeted and waved to them with the occasional people saying that they were glad that Rai was alright or that it was nice to have her back. Making their way through the Satellite seemed to bring back those memories again, Rai getting the feeling of nostalgia she hadn't had for quite some time. It made her smile a bit, though at the same time, remembering that Kalin was no longer with them also made her heart clench just a bit. How she wished things could be turned out differently, but what's done is done; you can't change the past, so there's no use on dwelling on something that can't be undone... Soon enough though, while Rai was getting lost in her own thoughts of nostalgia, she suddenly found herself approaching Crow's old shack, causing her to grin when she saw two little kids that she recognized running out. It was then though that the kids both stopped, pausing for a moment, until their eyes seemed to light up.

"Rai?! Is that you?!" Itsuki asked, in shock.

"Oh my gosh! Rai?!" Annie gasped.

Rai grinned. "Yeah, it's me alright. It's been a while, but...I'm back."

The two stood there for a long moment, in both shock and disbelief that the person they had grown to adore had finally returned to the Satellite. Without warning, both smiled widely as they rushed towards the redhead. She quickly got down to her knees and held her arms out, knowing what was coming. "Rai!!" They cried out, tears of joy brimming their innocent eyes as they lunged into Rai's open arms.

Rai smiled as she wrapped her arms around the two, Yusei grinning as he crouched down next to her, placing a hand against her lower back. "We've missed you, Rai!" Itsuki cried.

"You were gone for so long! We got so worried about you!" Annie sobbed.

"Don't ever leave us again!"

"Not ever!"

Rai chuckled. "Alright, I won't leave without telling you guys again." She said, pulling away from the two as they sniffed, drying their eyes. "But, I need to know where Crow is. There's...a lot that I have to tell him."

"We'll go get him!" Said Itsuki. "Come on, Annie!"

She nodded. "Don't go anywhere, 'kay?" Annie smiled.

Rai chuckeld again. "Don't worry, I won't." She said, getting back on her feet as Yusei joined her. "Now, hurry and go get Crow for me."

The two kiddos nodded with a smile. "Okay!" They both agreed before running off.

The two waited there for a good couple of minutes before they finally heard the kids again, followed by another grumbling voice. "Come on, Crow, hurry up!" Itsuki rushed.

"There's someone who you have to see!" Annie chimed in.

"Well, could ya at least tell me who it is?" Crow asked as he was practically being dragged by two children.