20. Darkness Rises

"Let's duel!"

[Kalin: 4000]
[Yusei: 4000]

"Mina, do you think you can get their play-by-play up on the monitor?" Jack asked.

"Yes, I can do that." Mina replied as she began to type on the keypad. "I just need to lock onto their frequencies..." She said before getting the monitor up and running for Jack.

Meanwhile, both Crow and Rai were displaying the duel on their Duel Runner screens so they could see the action as well. "Yusei, be careful..." Crow said aloud.

Rai let out a shaky breath, clasping her hands together tightly. Yusei... Please try to win...

"Let's go!" Yusei declared.

"Yes, time to begin this thing! Time for the Enforcers to ride again!" Kalin laughed as he drew a card. "It's my turn! I summon Infernity Beast!

[LV 3 / ATK 1600 / DEF 1200]

"And now that I've got him on the field, I think I'll place one card facedown and end my turn!" Kalin declared. "Come, Yusei! I've been looking forward to this duel for a very, very long time, so don't let me down now!" He laughed. "Give me everything you've got!"

"You asked for it!" Yusei replied as he drew a card. "I summon Speed Warrior in Attack Mode!"

[LV 2 / ATK 900 / DEF 500]

"And during the Battle Phase of this turn, Speed Warrior's Attack Points are doubled!"

[Speed Warrior: 900 --> 1800]

"Speed Warrior, move in and send that beast of his to the pound!"

Kalin smirked. "Not so fast, Yusei! I play the Trap Death Amulet! By discarding one card from my hand, I can negate you monster's attack!" He laughed. "Looks like you're still playing the same old cards! I expected more, Yusei!"

"Oh yeah, and how have you changed up yours, Kalin?" Yusei asked, almost in a snarky tone.

Kalin laughed again. "You'll find out soon enough!"

Yusei's eyes narrowed. "Well, I the meantime, I'll play two facedowns and end my turn!"

Rai tensed up. I understand what Yusei's goal is by holding back, but right now, he can't afford to do that, not against our lead--Kalin... I can't call him our leader, not anymore... Regardless, Yusei is going to have to play more offensively if he's going to win this. I know that he wants to form a strategy by letting his opponent make the bigger moves, but with Kalin...it's not the same.

"My move then!" Kalin said as he drew a card, Rai directing her attention back to the duel. "And from my hand, I'm summoning Infernity Archfiend!"

[LV 4 / ATK 1800 / DEF 1200]

"And now, Infernity Beast, take out his Speed Warrior!"

The beast opened its mouth as the strange green bulbs on the sides of face deflated, only for flame to scorch Yusei's monster, causing him to gasp as he began to lose his hold on his runner. "Gaaahhh!!!" He exclaimed.

"Yusei!!" Both Crow and Rai exclaimed.

[Yusei: 4000 --> 3300]

Kalin merely laughed. "Careful, Yusei~" He taunted. "Don't spin out of control!"

Just as Kalin said this, Yusei was spinning out, his runner grinding against the wall of purple flames as he let out an audible grunt. "Hurgh...!!"