40. Soar, Majestic Star!

[Jack: 2500]
[Rai: 4000]
[Yusei: 4000]
[Crow: 1]
[Goodwin: 9100]

"Heh... It's almost time..." Goodwin smirked. "When the King of the Underworld arrives at the alter and I offer you all as a sacrifice, then this world will be trapped in hell! I will destroy everything and create this world anew!"

"We have to do whatever it takes to stop him!" Yusei shouted.

"Tch, no need to tell me that twice!" Said Jack. "His laughter disgusts me!"

"We'll stop him no matter what!" Rai said determinedly.

"Hmph... It's my turn!" Goodwin said as he drew a card.

Jack's field is empty, which means Goodwin is most likely going to target him first. He won't go after Rai because she has a pretty decent defense on her end, which means I'll probably be targeted next. Yusei noted. I just hope Jack finds a way to survive this turn...

"I flip over my Trap Card, Fiendish Chain!" Jack then said as his card activated. "Sun Dragon Inti's effect is negated, and it also can't attack or be released!" Jack said as a chain shot out from his card, binding Goodwin's dragon.

"Nice! Now Sun Dragon Inti can't attack directly!" Rai smirked.

"Maybe, but Goodwin won't just settle for that." Yusei said with warning.

"Jack Atlas..." Goodwin uttered. "You said that no matter how much a person throws away, he will never be alone, but you're wrong, because a person can easily become alone, in death." He smirked, causing the others to tense up slightly. "When a person faces death, he realizes that he doesn't have any friends or bonds, but that's only normal. Death is a solo adventure, and so, I'll be the one to return you back to your old self, back to when you were helplessly alone and facing death!" Goodwin proclaimed. "And so, due to Wiraqoucha Rasca's effect, I will skip this turn's battle phase! In doing so, I will drop Jack's Life Points down to one! Now fire, Polar Star Obedience!" Goodwin declared as that same blast that had dropped Crow's Life Points had now dropped Jack's as well.

"Gaaaahhhh!!!" Jack exclaimed.

[Jack: 2500 --> 1]

"When I have 1000 or fewer Life Points, Fiendish Chain is destroyed..." Jack then said, though regrettably as Sun Dragon Inti broke through the chains binding it.

"Heh! Watch as the feel of death comes ever closer towards you! And so, King of the Underworld, I offer up Jack Atlas as a sacrifice to you!" Goodwin laughed.

Just as he said this, that monstrosity that was heading ever closer to the temple paused, lifting its head before splitting through the tar to open its mouth, only to then fire off a very powerful and practically unstoppable golden blast. Ancient Fairy Dragon and Black Rose Dragon were both powerless to stop this attack as it breezed right past the beasts. In doing so, both Rai and Yusei gasped when they were forced to swerve off to the side just as that blast darted past them as well, only to finally slam right into Jack. The sudden shock caused Jack to immediately lose control over his runner as it slammed into the barrier before falling on its side, spinning around out of control.

"Jack!!" Both Rai and Yusei exclaimed.

"Do you feel death creeping up on you, Jack? I'm sure you do." Goodwin mused.

"Tch! I don't feel helplessly alone, Goodwin, and it's because we're not facing death--gurgh!" Jack suddenly grunted when, as his runner was spinning along its side, rammed into the barrier once again, sending Jack flying from the machine as he tumbled on the track, rolling onto his stomach just as Rai and Yusei breezed past him.