𝐢. ALL ABOARD THE TRAIN [ rewritten ]

Chapter One ⠀⠀ all aboard the train 

Reyna de Martel clenched the handle of her trunk tightly

Reyna de Martel clenched the handle of her trunk tightly. As she looked around Platform Nine and Three Quarters searching for her best friend. She did not feel any of the magic and excitement. Instead, she was scared.

"There's no need to worry darling." Her mother sensed her uneasiness and swooped the young girl in a hug. "Rabastan will look after you," she promised.

"I know mummy." Reyna choked out, withdrawing from her mother's nurturing arms that always seemed to sanction her from the cruel world.

Her father Silas stared down at her, patted her on the back, and sent her a look in his eyes that meant, 'Get into Slytherin or else'.

Penelope lets go of her daughter and said goodbye, ushering her to go on the train before it left without her.

"Ah, Penelope. There you are." Walburga came over with her husband Orion by his side. Regulus and Sirius stood side by side, looking like they wanted to be anywhere but by their parents.

The Black brothers lit up at the sight of their favorite Martel. "H━Hi!" Regulus waved, clutching onto his trunk.

"Sirius, bring them onto the train," Walburga demanded. Sirius rolled his eyes but did as he was told. He was glad that he was leaving.

All summer his summer was living hell. The Black family didn't welcome him back home but instead shunned him. A Gryffindor in the family was a disgrace. He was constantly reminded of that, labeled as the black sheep of the family.

His only dose of fun was writing letters to his friends and Reyna coming to stay with them over the summer like always.

Penelope and Edward were always working. Her mother's income from being a reporter under the Daily Prophet and Edward worked for the Ministry.

Neither of them had time for their children.

Her older brother brothers Erik and Jasper already left home and are married.

The siblings and Reyna walked together to where they stepped aboard. "So how was your summer?"

"How the bloody hell do you think the remaining of my summer went? Bellatrix and Walburga have been up to my ass." Sirius grumbled and Regulus blinked at his language. "Sirius, it's about time you start becoming more serious."

"Oh, they can't be that bad."

"They are like Angels towards you," Sirius remarked. Once they stepped aboard Sirius was already leaving Regulus and Reyna.

The best friends ended up finding a compartment and sighed in relief. "I can't believe he abandoned me, again!" Regulus cried out.

"He promised to sit by me instead he chose them over me." Regulus glared out the window.

Reyna was about to speak when the compartment door opened to reveal a boy with raven locks.

"May I sit here?" his voice was hollow and empty. Reyna nodded and scooted over for him to sit down.

"My name's Reyna de Martel, this is Regulus Black."

The boy known as Severus sneered at the mention of the surname. "As in ━"

"Sirius Black? Yeah, he's my brother...but I'm not sure about that anymore." Regulus sighed lamentably.

Reyna turned to Severus and frowned, "Did he do something to you? I swear when I find him I'll hex him!"

"You don't even know how to yet," Regulus mumbled, earning a glare from the Martel.

The boy sitting beside Reyna didn't realize that he was smiling a bit at their banter.

"Shush Reggie, the Sirius Black I know wouldn't actually bully people right?" Reyna chuckled nervously before looking at the raven-haired boy again.

"Severus Snape." he placed his hand out politely and Reyna happily shook it.

When Reyna lets go of his hand Regulus also was about to shake hands with him when the compartment doors open to reveal Sirius Black and his friends behind his trail.

"Rey! Reggie! There you are, I'm sorry I lost you both. I was just excited to see the gang and ━" he stopped talking when he noticed a certain raven-haired boy sitting in the compartment with them.

Immediately the boy's grin turned cold and seethed at his arch-nemesis. "Snivellus."

The two soon-to-be-first years exchanged looks of astonishment of the atmosphere of light-heartedness changed drastically.

"Black." Severus spits at the sight of the boy that torments him along with three other boys in his year.

"Rey, Reggie, let's go."

The youngest Black seemed to take no for an answer and sat perfectly still, "I think Rey and I are perfectly fine sitting here. He hasn't even done anything wrong."

Reyna looked between Severus and the four newcomers. "Look I don't think we should be fighting. Can you all please leave? It's rude to just barge in here."

"Sorry." a brown-haired boy apologized before closing their compartment door. He seemed like the peacemaker of the group.

The trio sat there in silence for a bit until Regulus scoffed. "Unbelievable."

"So that's why you sounded so displeased when you heard Regulus' last name." Reyna presumed and conveyed sympathy. "I'm sorry for his actions. Now that I'm here I think he'll stop when I set him right."

"I doubt it. My friend, she's muggle-born." Regulus cringed at his words and Reyna didn't seem fazed at all because Martel wasn't vocal about blood purity.

Severus continued, "━she tried to do something about it but they ignored her. Right now she's sitting with her Gryffindor friends." his face turned sour at the image of the rowdy girls.

He tolerated them for Lily's sake and Severus knew that they didn't like him at all.

Regulus spoke up this time, "So what's it like in Slytherin?"

🤍  ࿐ྂ 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐒 !⠀⁺◟༉ ꜜ
❪ . . . a letter from the heart  ❫
━━━ © 𝙳𝙸𝙾𝚁𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙸𝙰𝙼𝙴𝚃 ━━━

𝐨𝐨𝐨.  Comment here if you want a chapter shoutout 💬

𝐨𝐨𝐨.  Hi guys! Here is another new chapter.

𝐨𝐨𝐨.  I thought I'd post this chapter to honor the fact that United States officially declared a new president.

╰─ ➤ -ˏˋ @𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚  ˊˎ- ˖*°࿐*ೃ .

𝙸𝙽𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙶𝚁𝙰𝙼   ━━━  diorchaiamet.wp
𝙿𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙴𝚂𝚃   ━━━   diorchaiamet