040; IM DOING THIS FOR US [ rewritten ]

❨   𝖁 𝑬 𝑹 𝑰 𝑻 𝑨 𝑺 𝑬 𝑹 𝑼 𝑴

❨ 𝖁 𝑬 𝑹 𝑰 𝑻 𝑨 𝑺 𝑬 𝑹 𝑼 𝑴. ❩
★ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ★
040. ┊ I'M DOING THIS FOR US
❰ i don't wanna live a future like this . ❱

★ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ★

"I want to go home Reg," Reyna whispered when Voldemort and his pact of bodyguards escorted him to greet the other Pureblood families

A hand-rubbed her back in soothing comfort. "I know sweetheart...there's still an hour left for dinner that will be ready in a few minutes. I can ask if we can leave early...but the chance of them saying yes is slim." Regulus assured, though he too didn't feel confident in his words because Bellatrix was coming over.

"Enjoyed the show, cousin? Reyna?" Bellatrix smirked and surprised Reyna with a brief hug. "I missed you, where's your brother's sorry excuse of a wife? Don't tell me she left."

"Out on the terrace arguing." Reyna managed to speak and Regulus hugged her side protectively.

Bellatrix saw this and frowned, "I would never do that to you Reyna dearest. Your family after all."

"Bella I think you caused enough havoc tonight." Narcissa Malfoy in all her glory wore a pastel pink dress and approached the trio.

The Lestrange scoffed and folded her arms. "It's not my fault that she's a weakling. Honestly, I don't know what your father was thinking about marrying the likes of her."

"Sounds like you're jealous." Finn Nott uttered and this earned an immense glare from Bellatrix.

The Nott gulped and shook his head, "I---I said nothing!"

Regulus shook his head in sympathy for his friend, "Mate...shut up."

"He's just joking!" Reyna quickly stated in a panic that she might hex him, or worse, do the same thing she did to Maria.

Luckily Rodolphus came over and diffused the situation. "Bellatrix causing more mischief for tonight? Haven't you caused enough already?"

"Shut up Rodolphus!" Bellatrix snapped. The man heatedly glared at his partner and sneered back at the deranged woman.

If there was any couple that hated each other more it was these two.

"Nice seeing you two again." Rodolphus nodded in acknowledgment. "The Dark Lord was very pleased to meet you. Shame that you won't be getting the mark."

Reyna gulped and shot a fake smile, "I will choose to stay beside Regulus."

"I see..."

Rabastan clapped Regulus on the shoulder, "Going to be a follower soon? How does it feel mate?"

"I feel honored to be given such a role," Regulus replied smoothly, his hand squeezed Reyna's who gave Regulus a small smile of comfort.

"At least you are following the traditions unlike that bastard brother of yours..." Lucius Malfoy uttered, earning a glare from Narcissa.

Later that night Reyna was invited to stay at the Black residence along with the cousins. Her parents left not before saying goodbye to their youngest born. Penelope and Silas were too angry to face Jasper and his wife for causing a scene at the party.

For a second Reyna thought her mother was ready to commit murder right there and now. Certainly, it was almost like Penelope wanted Bellatrix to finish the job.

"I can't believe this...this is so much worse than I anticipated...I didn't think he'd show up." Regulus rambled, lower lip wobbling at his encounter with the Dark Lord.

Reyna cuddled by his side, arms wrapping around him to try to ease his worries, "What are we going to do?"

"There's no hope is there?" Regulus's eyes drooped in defeat and exhaustion. He thought that maybe he followed the rules and didn't mess up, everything will be alright.

"Dumbledore came up with an offer."

Regulus snapped his head down to peer down at his girlfriend with mixed emotions of betrayal and sadness. "You told him?"

"I did, for a good reason, Reg...he wants me to become a spy for this secret organization."

"You'll get yourself killed Reyna ---Fuck, what are you thinking?" Regulus cried out in sorrow. He couldn't lose the girl that changed his whole world.

The De Martel held his face with her hands and the boy melted by her touch. "Everything is going to be alright...nobody is going to die Reg. I'm doing this for you! For us...a better future."

╭                                                          ╮✎↷

✎↷... 𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒂 ✉️
➩ 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢!
╰                                                          ╯

₊˚ 𖤐₊ ⁀➷ happy holidays! I don't really celebrate Christmas or go all out so here's a chapter cause I'm bored!