054; LETTERS FROM MOTHER [ rewritten ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐔𝐌  ── ◦'𖥸'◦ ──  𝒜𝒞𝒯 ℱ𝒪𝒰ℛ ↳ ❛ one has strayed so far from the group ❜︎𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟰 ╱ ╱  ☕️🕊˚◞𑁍゚𝙿𝙻𝚄𝚃𝙾𝚂𝚆𝙸𝙵𝚃

𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐔𝐌  ── ◦'𖥸'◦ ──  𝒜𝒞𝒯 ℱ𝒪𝒰ℛ
↳ ❛ one has strayed so far from the group ❜︎
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟰 ╱ ╱  ☕️🕊˚◞𑁍゚𝙿𝙻𝚄𝚃𝙾𝚂𝚆𝙸𝙵𝚃

Defense Against Dark Arts was an absolute catastrophe.

When Reyna walked into class she spotted Pricilla and Sonia sitting in the back where she used to sit. Now she sits with Finn which the Patil didn't seem so fond of the idea.

The heated glares shooting her way made Reyna turn around, "Can I help you with something?"

"Listen here, De Martel. I don't know how you're stealing the boys  ─  "

"I didn't steal anything, if anything you shouldn't blame a girl for your insecurities. Finn's like my brother, and I've been dating Regulus for years now. Not to mention we've been engaged since we were born. Anything else you want to add onto that Parkinson?"

The snickers coming from her fellow Slytherin's made Pricilla shrink in her seat and Sonia's glare hardened on the blonde.

Regulus smirked and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to his side. "Smart and feisty."

"Oh shush," Reyna rolled her eyes as her blush decorated her soft cheeks.

Their Professor Merrythought ( Idk who was the professor during this time ) assigned partners and by some luck, Reyna was partnered with Sonia.

"Protego!"
"Expelliarmus!"

"Locomotor Mortis!"

Sonia's legs interlocked making her shriek and fall to the ground. Some winced at the sight while others gawked in awe at the fight.

Professor Merrythought clapped quite impressed, "Impressive work! An interlocking spell is quite unexpected but useful in situations when the oppressor. Nicely done Ms. De Martel, and you too Ms. Patil."

The time was already up for them to go onto their lunch break. Reyna quickly gathered her belongings. "Holy shit, I knocked Sonia off her ass...should I feel guilty?"

"Considering the fact that she cheated on Finn while they were on a break last year I guess not," Rafael mumbled earning a gasp from Reyna.

"Sonia Patil did what now?"

Rafael pulled her by the arm with Regulus tailing behind them demanding the Zabini to kindly get his hand off his girlfriend's arm because he wanted to be the one to escort her to the Great hall like the dramatic and sweet boyfriend he is.

"Relax man, we're just leaving early because of unwanted nosy people." Finn seethed in the direction of where Sonia was conversing quietly with Ambrose Mulciber and Pricilla.

"I'm so sorry Finn...I didn't know." Reyna frowned, feeling her heartache.

"She's been associating with the Dark Lord's followers...you don't think...?"

"I hope not." Reyna sighed, the last she wanted is for Sonia to make the mistake of joining the wrong side.

Dear daughter dearest,

The De Martel manor has been lonesome without you to talk to. Your sister-in-law is nothing but a wretch. Silas keeps insisting on getting to know her but she just pushes my buttons! Anyway, I heard that disgrace has given birth to a baby girl. A halfbreed's spawn. I want you to have no contact with those lot whatsoever! Knowing you, I'm sure you'll listen well.

At least I taught one of you right. Your brother is pleasing the Dark Lord but I feel that there is no hope for him if he doesn't give us an heir. Hopefully, you're lucky enough to have children of your own ---"

Reyna ripped up the letter, "That bitch,"

"I don't think the term to call your mother a bitch is appropriate." Regulus ate a piece of chicken.

Finn snorts at that statement, "Uh, have you met your mother Reggie darling?"

"I am not a walking incubator or a stupid pawn for her games."

The Black immediately consoled the blonde, "Of course not sweetheart, you're allowed to have children when you want to have children. That's up for you to decide, not your mother and certainly not me. Though...I really do want a mini Reyna crawling around the house." he mumbled the last part.

Reyna snorted and patted his shoulder, "Haha very funny Reg,"

"This brat is already thinking about kids, isn't getting married enough for you?" Finn asked, shoving a breadstick in his mouth.

Regulus blushed and shyly covered his face. He's never really thought of it before until now. He wondered what his future will turn out, and hopefully, Reyna's right there to hold his hand and take him to the surface of the light, away from the looming pits of darkness.

"A mini Reyna would be sweet, I can't imagine another Regulus, sorry mate."

"I call dibs on being the godfather." Rafael shoots his hand up earning weird looks from the table.

Reyna scoffed and laughed slightly, "The three of you are still on this? Who says you are going to be the godfather?"

The four argued amongst themselves and the Professor all wondered what nonsense they were spouting about.

Slughorn leaned back in his chair and chuckled, "Those four will never change, do they? Shame one strayed so far." he sighed, obviously referring to Sonia Patil.

╭                                                         ╮✎↷

✎↷... 𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒂 ✉️
➩ 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢!
╰                                                         ╯

₊˚ 𖤐₊ ⁀➷  In the next chapter, the Black's and De Martel's have a Christmas eve dinner at their mansion.