031; HE'S MISUNDERSTOOD [ rewritten ]

˗ˏˋ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ˎˊ˗
𝖁 𝑬 𝑹 𝑰 𝑻 𝑨 𝑺 𝑬 𝑹 𝑼 𝑴.

˗ˏˋ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ˎˊ˗  𝖁 𝑬 𝑹 𝑰 𝑻 𝑨 𝑺 𝑬 𝑹 𝑼 𝑴

031. ┊HE'S MISUNDERSTOOD.
❪  the last time you trusted someone different they turned
your back on you.  ❫

AFTER THE VISIT to Dumbledore's office, Reyna felt slightly better to know there was a ticket to freedom now that she joined the Order of Phoenix

Occlumency is a skill taught in the De Martel family that Dumbledore found useful. Especially if a young witch like her has already mastered it, he offered a dangerous yet key role.

To become a spy for the Order.

Reyna considered taking the offer and decided to start when Regulus gets the Mark. The horrible thing is, is that she had to lie to her loved ones about this, including Regulus.

She didn't have to, but Reyna didn't know how to bring it up to him.

The next morning Reyna came down the stairs to find Regulus sitting at one of the chairs reading something.

He noticed Reyna and immediately set his book down, "I didn't see you last night."

"Professor Slughorn stopped me in the halls to ask me something," Reyna informed and the girl internally cringed at the stupid lie.

Regulus nodded and lifted a smile. He leaned down and kissed her forehead for a second and pulled away. "Good morning."

Now, this is something they always do, greet each other in the mornings. Reyna took his hand, giving it a light squeeze and embracing his side.

She could stay in his arms all day.

"Morning."

Regulus brought a small bag of sweets out, "My mother wanted me to give this to you."

The De Martel's blue eyes sparkled at the sight of the sweets, "Chocolate?" Walburga favored her youngest son more than her older son. She never bothered to send Sirius anything but Howlers and letters that tell him he's a disappointment.

Sometimes Reyna would send Sirius sweets that his mother bought her and share it with him.

"Your favorite," Regulus smirked and together they left the Slytherin common rooms to the halls.

"So how was your summer?" Reyna asked.

"The same...but mother has been putting pressure on me now that Sirius is gone. But deep down I think father's sad that he's gone."

Reyna hummed and nodded, "I'm sorry,  my summer was okay. Mother and father want to marry my brother off...he's a prat as usual to me."

"Why wouldn't he be jealous? You're the golden child."

"Aren't you the golden child?" Reyna smirked.

"Now that Sirius is gone I am...by default." Regulus pointed out. His parents loved Sirius but they had a funny way of showing it.

Reyna rolled her eyes and laughed, "The only good thing about summer was leaving the house in the middle of the night to have Pizza with Barty.

Just like that, the mood dropped and Regulus scowled, "Barty Jr?"

"We're just friends, honestly I don't see him like that. He needs a friend...and I want to be that friend. Have you ever noticed that he's lonely despite being with Snape and all those lots?"

"Maybe he's pretending or ━━" Regulus Black wouldn't hide the fact that he's jealous. But his jealousy overclouded anxiousness. He could see the crazed look in Barty Crouch Jr's eyes when he got the Mark.

The hesitation he didn't have when it came to killing a muggle-born woman to prove his worth as a follower to Voldemort.

He had a pretty damn good reason not to trust him. "He's different━━"

"The last time you thought something was different, you know what happened." Regulus interrupted sternly. He sounded harsh, yes but he couldn't let Reyna get hurt again.

"Nothing you can say can change my mind. I have this feeling...that he's misunderstood you know?" Reyna's orbs flashed in sorrow and hope. "He's good...really but nobody is born a monster at first."

Regulus sighed and kissed her cheek, he nuzzled against her neck. "Reyna De Martel you always try to see the good in people."

"You can thank Andrea, Narcissa, and Andy for that...Bella on the other hand."

Bellatrix could kill someone five feet away from them by a single glare.

Both of them erupt into laughter at the thought of the curly ravenette Witch. The eldest Black-Lestrange sister was already five years into her marriage and she hated every second of it. But both Bellatrix and Rodolphus shared a devotion to the Dark Lord.

Reyna finally managed to speak after a few moments of laughter. "We should get to Herbology. I am not about to fail this year."

"Ah yes, your lovely pots and plants."

"Shut up Reg."

╭                                                         ╮✎↷

✎↷... 𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒂 ✉️
➩ 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢!
╰                                                         ╯

₊˚ 𖤐₊ ⁀➷  HI YALL SORRY IF THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER.

₊˚ 𖤐₊ ⁀➷  I feel so tired today I need coffee. I have work today at 6:00 pm to 10:030 which isn't so bad. But I'm closing tonight smh