019; I DISOWN YOU[ rewritten ]

Chapter Nineteen⠀⠀i disown you

"Why can't you just talk to me, Reggie?" Sirius exclaimed

"Why can't you just talk to me, Reggie?" Sirius exclaimed. There was nobody in the halls except them. It was late at night and as a Prefect, it was his job to patrol the Hufflepuff area close to the kitchens.

He didn't expect to see his brother coming out of a portrait where it led to the kitchens.

Sirius Black promised his friend that he'll talk to Regulus. He noticed how pale he's gotten over the summer like he's barely been out of the sunlight. Though there was a hint of color no doubt thanks to Reyna.

She always knew how to cheer him up. Once upon a time, Sirius Black knew everything about his little brother but now they were both different beings. One believed in blood purity and strived for survival while the other rebelled.

"Only one person can call me that and it's certainly not you." Regulus sneered. "Get back to your dorms Sirius. I won't ask again."

"I'm sorry okay!" Sirius threw his hands out, exhausted and quite ashamed of his actions this past summer. He should've said something, maybe stayed but deep down the dark-haired boy couldn't stay living under Walburga's roof any longer.

"I couldn't stay there anymore...there was nothing left for me to stay."

"YOU COULD'VE STAYED FOR ME!"

Regulus' voice rang the empty halls startling the paintings ( ━━ who witnessed the argument ) all watching with sympathy and interest.

He remembered the letter his mother sent him during dinner hours prior.

He's no longer family. From this day forward you will disown him.

Your mother and Father,
Walburga and Orion Black.

The words he was about to say are something Regulus will never forgive or forget. The Black prepared himself and stared at his brother with cold eyes. There was no sign of sorrow in them instead of a void vortex of betrayal and hurt.

"From this day forward. I disown you."

Sirius stepped back in disbelief. Shock visible on his features. Just like that his world crumbled again. "N━━No you don't mean that."

The Slytherin chuckled softly and shook his head furiously. He hated to admit it, but the look on his brother's face brought some joy to him. It drowned away his regretful action caused by a deathly set of three words that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Regulus lets out a shaky breath. The bottom of his lip quivered as he stumbled the words out. "I do mean it, don't ever speak to me again. From this day forward we are no longer brothers. Clearly, I have been replaced by Potter. I would try to ignore it but I realize that we are far too gone."

"We can make this work....just give me a chance!" Sirius pleaded, eyes becoming glossy at Regulus's harsh words, slicing his heart into pieces.

Dev Patel; A Ravenclaw Prefect came into the view and tutted at the sight. Clearly, he wasn't paying attention to the tense atmosphere, "Ten points from Gryffindor, Black. Get back to your dorm."

Without another word, Regulus left Dev to do the handy work of guiding Sirius back to his designated dorms.

Once he was lengths away, a crestfallen expression decorated his face and took a couple of deep breaths.

He officially disowned his brother. Sirius was truly gone from his life now. The Black should be feeling proud.

However, Regulus wanted nothing more than to turn around and leap into his brother's arms, telling him that he didn't mean what he said.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ moments later . . .

"Do you want to talk about it?" Reyna questioned they were up in the Slytherin dorms.

Slytherin dorms were a lot different from the other three houses. Instead of sharing a room, there were individual rooms for each Slytherin student. Everyone valued their privacy. Except there were separate dorms for each gender like every House.

They were currently in Regulus's room laying on the bed cuddled next to each other. Regulus clung onto her like a koala bear.

"My mother....told me to cut ties with my brother and I did....I disowned him, Reyna. He hates me."

"He doesn't hate you...if anything I feel like Sirius feels like a failure right now." No doubt Sirius Black was back in his dorm beating himself up about his behavior. That his actions of neglecting Regulus cost him to lose him.

Reyna clasped his hand, "Let's do something, okay? Enough about Sirius and put yourself first. We can go to the kitchens and get chocolate cookies like old times...Maybe invite the boys and Sonia."

"I━━I'd like that."

By now Finn Nott and Rafael were uttering curses after another towards the Gryffindor Black.

"What a prick."

"More of a reason to win Quidditch finals this year." Rafael clenched his fist and brought it close to his chest in a furious manner.
Sonia munched on a cookie, "I'm sorry Reg, I may not know what it feels like but I can assure you that we are here for you."

"Thanks, guys." Regulus thanked with gratitude. He didn't realize how lucky he was to have such great friends.

Not to mention a beautiful and understanding girlfriend. When their friends were happily eating and chatting Regulus whispered against her ear with a tone of appreciation.

"Thank you."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𓍯 𓈒𓄹━━━━ ༻✵༺━━━━

Welp, poor Regulus.