023; DADDY ISSUES [ rewritten ]

˗ˏˋ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ˎˊ˗
𝖁 𝑬 𝑹 𝑰 𝑻 𝑨 𝑺 𝑬 𝑹 𝑼 𝑴.

˗ˏˋ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ˎˊ˗  𝖁 𝑬 𝑹 𝑰 𝑻 𝑨 𝑺 𝑬 𝑹 𝑼 𝑴

023. ┊ DADDY ISSUES
❪  there's nothing wrong with being sorted into a
different house than your parents.  ❫

Over the past few days of the Potions project, Reyna De Martel learned a few things about Barty Crouch Jr

His father came from a long line of Hufflepuffs and his mother was a muggle woman sorted into Gryffindor. Barty's sorting into Slytherin caused his parents to fall out.

Barty Crouch Sr. thought his son was a disappointment. A runt that got sorted in the wrong house. His mother Cybelle didn't mind his son's sorting at all. She threatened to divorce him if the bashing of her son's continued.

However, Cybelle Crouch remained unsuccessful because the next day she was kicked out of her home. Because of Barty Crouch Jr's power at the Ministry, he got custody of his son.

His father remarried last year to a woman named Sage Harrington.

Reyna promised not to say anything about his past. This was his story that he should tell, not her. Sympathy clouded her eyes and Barty shook his head.

He was in the middle of cutting some roots for a sleeping draught. "There's no need to cry...it is my fault anyway."

"But it's not, there's nothing wrong with being sorted into a different house than your parents. Parents should accept their children for who they are."

Barty Jr paused his knife cutting and gave her a look of surprise at her words. "You seem to know this from experience."

"My sister...Andrea, she was disowned two summers ago. I may not know from experience but if there is anyone who can relate to it, it's my sister and Sirius.

"Sirius Black? He jinxed me once in the halls just for talking to Severus." Barty scoffed. Reyna didn't think it was a surprise to know that most of the Slytherins despised the Gryffindor for his many pranks.

Reyna winced, "Sorry."

He laughed, "Reyna De Martel you are a strange person."

"I'll take that as a compliment." joked Reyna.

A few tables down Regulus was stirring his cauldron sneaking glances at the two every couple of seconds.

"Mate you're not exactly discreet." Evan snapped Regulus back to attention. Regulus mumbled an apology and continued working.

"So you and Reyna huh? Always saw you two dating sometime soon. It's just a matter of when." Evan Rosier commented, trying to make a light conversation.

"Less talking, more working." Regulus rolled his eyes.

His next words made Regulus freeze, "Are you planning on getting the dark mark soon?"

Regulus shot him a glare and gestured to the people in the room, "Say it loudly why don't you?"

Evan's lips spread in amusement before opening his mouth, "Are you ━━"

The Black covered his mouth before he could speak another word. He felt a few eyes on him but he didn't care about it whatsoever.

"Shut up."

"You can't run forever, trust me I've tried once and it didn't work out." Evan Rosier sighed adding the fresh ingredients into the cauldron. This time, Regulus listened to what he had to say. The two always had a rivalry going on.

Regulus' voice turned to a whisper, "Are you getting it too?"

"Yes, apparently Severus put in a good word for me apparently and plans to get his during Christmas since his sixteenth birthday is coming soon.

"So I won't get it until I'm sixteen?" Regulus asked quickly.

"Depends on the family and situation...and if the Dark Lord sees potential or not. He's all about power." Evan's eyes flickered to where Reyna sat.

Regulus also turned his head to look at Reyna happily conversing with Barty. "Reyna seems like a nice girl, I can't ever see her getting the Dark Mark..."

"That's why I'm doing it, this isn't just about my family, Evan," Regulus stated, calling his distant relative by his first name, meaning that he was talking seriously. "I'm doing this for Reyna, but at the same time, I'm terrified because once I get the Dark Mark, I won't be able to back out."

Meanwhile, Reyna glanced up from the finished Potion and frowned, seeing Evan and Regulus talking in hushed tones. "Those two never got along."

Barty also peered over to see Regulus and Evan getting along. "Yeah...." he had a feeling about what they were talking about but decided to keep his mouth shut.

╭                                                         ╮✎↷

✎↷... 𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒂 ✉️
➩ 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢!
╰                                                         ╯

₊˚ 𖤐₊ ⁀➷  Hello everyone! Updates might not happen until Sunday because I have work today on Black Friday and the day after. So please keep that in mind.

₊˚ 𖤐₊ ⁀➷  I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Sorry if this chapter seems pretty short!