Confrontation

Sophia's point of view
Now Louis has finally fell asleep it gives me the perfect opportunity to pull Liam aside and discuss how much Louis has been struggling lately. It's upsetting to see sometimes, to know that he's felt this awful about how Liam has been treating him.

"Liam care to join me in the bunks" I wave over to him standing up and covering my boy with his favourite blanket.

"What's up" he shrugs sitting down beside me.

"It's about Louis"

"Has he been acting up again" Liam sighs "I swear to god"

"Liam shut the fuck up about him misbehaving" I exclaim "he's a baby, every baby misbehaves and you need to get to terms with that. You cannot offer him a security net like this and then take it from him whenever you feel necessary. He wants to remain how it was when we started this, when he was just treated as an infant. Do you remember how happy he used to be? How carefree he was? It was an amazing time. He's not the same as he was, his emotional health is honestly terrible and his physical health is deteriorating almost as rapidly."

"He never mentions it"

"Because you never let him! It's getting that bad that he's been practically begging to live with me. We could make him so happy if we both agreed to try a little harder but none of us have been speaking to him about it. So please , when I ask you when he wakes up try be a little more lenient with his needs, show him you're supportive and accepting of the headspace he chooses to remain in. I bet he's struggling himself to come to terms with the idea maybe you don't agree with how he acts. He thinks a lot of you Liam, don't ruin that with your arrogance"

"I will do, when he wakes up I don't know I'll try a little harder or something. If he wants the pacifiers and the babying I can do it however I don't feel inclined to address discipline anymore. I feel a little bad for being so harsh. I should apologise"

"You cannot mention this to him, he's not aware this conversation has even happened" I explain.

"How's baby been doing"

"Perfectly fine, not her you should be focusing on right now, she's not here yet, focus on the job in hand" I sigh returning to where all of the others are located

Liam's point of view
Hearing Sophia address me so curtly was actually a little unsettling. I hadn't realised my short temper and ignorance to the whole situation with Louis. I just brushed him off as a bratty toddler when anything he's nothing of the sort, he doesn't even want to identify as a toddler, more an infant like usual.

"He's awake go check on him" Sophia brushes me off.

Deciding to support his decisions I walk to the bunk area with a pacifier in my grip and a soft toy for us to possibly lie in my bunk and play with. I hope I can regain some sort of bond with him, because I do care about him deeply.

"Well hello baby" I smile falsely trying to keep positive in hope he doesn't notice my reluctance "you had a good nap"

"Yeah daddy" he mumbles sadly his eyes automatically travelling to the floor.

"You want to come and play hmm. I got you a toy baby"

With ease I pick him up from his cot and take him to mine and Sophia's bunk lying him down and untangling his legs from his sleeper. The crevices of his legs are sweaty and there's drool marks evident on his sleeper making me rid it quickly. There's nothing I despise more than mess. Leaving him on the bed for a moment I scan through his suitcase deeming it reasonable to dress him according to America's weather which is most commonly sunny this time of year. I grab him a plain white vest and some denim shorts followed by some red shorts and a sun hat, mittens being an option for later. It's clear Sophia has packed his outfit because none of them are at all toddler worthy and are most suitable for a child who is just pretty much to show off and won't get dirty.