Hometime

When the family finally made it home Sophia was exhausted and both babies were wide awake. Louis was complying rather well and anything Sophia had asked him to do at this point he'd done up until a minor tantrum at dinner time. Liam had to call out to the shop to pick up some instant formula leaving Sophia handing out takeaway food on the 3 plates leaving Louis sat in his highchair. It was clear the boy had nothing to entertain himself with and was banging loudly on the tray only disturbing posie from her nap and a mixture of cries and banging was ringing through the kitchen.

"Baby stop doing that" Sophia cooed gently to the boy placing a kiss on his forehead before heading over to the chair and lifting the baby out of it.

Posie was alert by now and she smiled fondly down at her baby kissing each of her fingers gently before rocking her a little to settle her back down. Louis was annoyed at the lack of attention he was now receiving but chose to ignore it, instead reaching for the noodle tub that Sophia had just began opening and grabbing some in his hands before pushing them in his mouth. They tasted delicious to the boy and he was eagerly wolfing them down now spilling most of them in the process.

"What are you doing" Liam groaned entering the room with a can of formula "Sophia are you not watching him or something"

"Oh my god" Sophia gasped "Louis no, that was our food"

"I was hungry mama" he clambered angrily.

"Mama doesn't care Lou, she was putting food out and you was greedy, you're going to time out as soon as you've ate"

"No mama" he chanted angrily "stay here"

"Louis I've got the baby stop messing about" Sophia hissed "Liam grab her for a moment while I just sort the rest of the food out that our child hasn't destroyed"

"Daddy m sorry" Louis finally hummed pressing his fingers into the spilled noodles on the tray.

"Sorry doesn't cut it, you ask for things you do not under any circumstance just take, you got that" Liam spoke authoritatively.

"Ok" Louis agreed and rested his head on the table.

At this point he didn't care if noodles got in his hair, he didn't care if he was making a mess, he was hungry and he'd seen his behaviours as rational but to both parents he was the worst child in the world
Apparently. It just upset him really so he kept his head down until Sophia pulled his shoulders back abruptly before placing the plate in front of him.

"Mama I'm sorry" Louis spoke hopefully.

He knew she was the one who was most likely to accept his apology sooner and would comfort him until he felt a little more comfortable about the situation however this time she just nodded and took her place at the table. Instead of asking Louis how his day had been the two sat conversing between themselves and when dinner had finished Louis was no where near finished. He was too anxious to eat any more now. He'd really annoyed them both now and it was just a key point of when they'd be getting sick of him and leaving. He whimpered into his fists only to let out a small cry wiping his eyes harshly with his sleeve before any of them seen it. He knew what they'd both say, that he was crying so he didn't have to go in time out but In all honesty he was embracing the idea of it now, wanting to be alone. When Sophia lifted him from the chair he didn't cling like usual he just rested on her hip as he was sat on the step without another word. He could hear in the kitchen how happy they sounded cooing to Posie and he was definitely heartbroken that they hadn't been like that with him this dinner time so he just sat and cried. When his time was up Sophia came back lifting the small boy into her arms before resting her forehead on his cheek.

"My baby tired huh" she cooed softly pressing his head to her chest "let's get your paci hey bubba"

"Mama I want a drink" he spoke hopefully as she nodded and followed through to the kitchen.

"Grab me a bottle from the fridge li, and take Louis for a feed, I think he wants sleep"

"No mama, I not tired" Louis insisted "me wanna stay with you and daddy and play"

"Baby it's 7pm and everyone is tired, go with dad for a drink and then I'll come give you cuddles before bed yeah"

"Okay he mumbled sadly.

With that Sophia passed the boy over to Liam who all but smiled when he was handed to him. He lifted the boy slightly above his own height before blowing a quick raspberry to his stomach before setting him back down and patting his back gently.

"Have a good time at Nanas boo" Liam asked politely as the boy rested against his chest.

When he sat down the boy immediately straddled him and leant back onto Liam's knees which were now bent and leaning against the Edge of a small stool. Liam shook the bottle slightly before pressing it to the boys mouth more than satisfied when he opened up and started chugging it down greedily. The boy barely took a breath for air as he carried on drinking his body relaxing and becoming more lazy by the moment. His head was dropping to one side and Liam was finding it hard to hold it up and his hands were clutching tightly on his t shirt.

"Cmon baby, lets get some wind up" Liam insisted leaning the boy forward suddenly attacked with white liquid.

It was obvious the boy had drank too fast and it had all came up suddenly so he was reluctant to press the boy further to him and instead lay him on the settee as he stripped his top. He placed it on the stool as he sat the boy up and patted his back happy when a large burp eventually made its way out of his mouth.

"That was a belter son" Liam laughed lifting the boy to his hip and making his way back to the kitchen where Sophia would he feeding the baby.

He smiled at the sight in front of him. Posie lay asleep in her chair and Sophia was head down on the table half asleep letting out soft snores.

"Babe let's head to bed" Liam laughed setting Louis down on her knee before grabbing the chair and heading to the stairs.

His main focus was getting both kids in bed before he even attempted sorting out night time bottles and anything else both children would need. He set the chair down on the floor next to their bed before heading downstairs and lifting Louis back from Sophia's lap. He whined tiredly, fisting his eyes and leaning his head on Liam's shoulder. Liam headed up the stairs quickly setting the boy down on the changing table and ridding him of any clothes he had on before changing him into a Winnie the Pooh sleeper.

"Such a good little boy hmm" Liam soothed grabbing a pacifier from the box and pressing it into the boys mouth before lying him down.

"There we go baby" he added laying the boy down and placing his favourite blanket beside him.

Hopefully the boy would rest because of his overtiredness but he still had a bad feeling the boy would wake up with a nightmare or something of the sort. He left the door to a halt just in case and headed back to his and Sophia's room. All the boys had agreed to stay at family members until they were settled and ready to start finding their own places. Zayn rarely stayed anymore because he was always with his girlfriend and harry had decided to pick up tourism on this hiatus so it usually just left Sophia Liam and Louis.

"You look shattered babe" Liam sighed sadly looking at Sophia who lay on her back on the bed peacefully.

"I truly am, can you change baby tonight I just want to sleep"

"Of course i will" Liam smiled "my baby"