Stay still

With Louis being so out of sorts during the day, Liam only found it right to keep him on his knee as his sister and her friends cooed over Posie. On a regular day, Louis would have automatically have been jealous at the lack of attention but instead today he remained chest to chest with Liam not uttering a word.

"He's okay right" Sophia asked gently brushing back the boys matted hair "don't want him upset"

"He's fine aren't you baby" Liam smiled holding the boys hand softly "daddy's beautiful boy ain't you"

"Mhmmm daddy. You got foodies now" he mumbled softly into his fathers chest "Lou's hungry mama"

"Do you have a fever or something baby" Sophia fussed pressing her hand to his forehead softly "you seem a little warm"

"Mumma no" he whined miserably pushing her hand away "daddy tell her"

"Babe he's completely fine" Liam assured his fussing fiancé pulling the boy closer "probably sweaty from the drive"

He knew she was panicking too much but slightly felt worried himself at Louis' odd behaviour. He wasn't retaliating to any small gestures and instead lay sadly in Liam's arms.

"Both your kids seem to be out of sorts today" Ruth tutted lifting her granddaughter into her arms "both tired I presume"

"I don't think they should be" Sophia shrugged "Louis has slept a lot today maybe it's a bug"

"Or maybe they're both just feeling a little clingy today. They're only babies" Liam tutted disapprovingly.

"Dada want some food now" Louis mumbled into his chest "mama you get me some"

"You can only have one at a time bud" Liam chuckled to the small boy "me or mama baby"

"Mama" he looked up to her expectantly.

With a sigh Sophia took the boy into her arms holding him to her waist before reaching for a bottle. She seems careless to her actions, not bothering to clean up the messy baby bag now
From finding a bottle for him in the first place. She seems even more disengaged as she sits him on her lap, pressing the bottle into his mouth and feeding him quietly. She doesn't seem to be cuddling to him like usual and brushes his hand away curtly plenty of times as he tries to find comfort in her face. It's awful to watch such a painful interaction between the two knowing Louis so desperately craves her comfort.

"Here's your baby" my mum smiles at me handing posie into my arms.

She's getting slightly bigger now and it's amazing to see her bright blue eyes staring back at me. She's a complete replica of me which I absolutely adore. With both children finally settled with either of us it gives us quite an easy idea to engage in a conversation.

"So, tell me has Louis been making any progress" my mum smiles supportively.

"He manages to sleep in his own bed now, he doesn't breastfeed too much and is more verbal about how he feels" I smile warmly "I'm overly pleased with his progress"

"So is nanny baby boy" she smiles at him as he turns into Sophia more

He clearly just doesn't want to socialise much right now.

Sorry guys this is just a filler chapter, the next chapter is going to ruin some people's life's! Extremely sorry x