Chapter 2 : Non Compos Mentis

It isn't every day that I could kill a demon to satisfy my hunger so I thank the lady in the white net before picking up my tray and rolling my eyes away with my feet moving slow.

The cafeteria lady is an ass but I had to somehow comply to get food into my system. Her groggy ignorant spirit is too repulsive for me to even look at, let alone a face without eyebrows.

Looking down at my tray consisting of a juice carton, fish and what appears to be yellow jelly I turn around to find myself stranded in the bustling mini New York of the school canteen.

The geeks, the vapers, the cheerleaders...there was a name for all, but I am only particularly interested in one individual...and there she was. Her hazelnut hair is tied up, her black shirt is tight at her chest and she's wearing that same sweet perfume on her neck—Digeñon 14. Her lips are nude but perfect. They look so soft yet plump.

Together she sits with Maverick and Abby; comfortably talking about the school prom and their Biology teacher's bifocals. As the conversation flows, I only realise a demonic scoundrel approaching her. Abby tries to warn her, but it's too late.

"Hey, beautiful..." Rodfon says, the leather jacket he's wearing is enough to drag her in. He gets his one hand on the table then, separating her from having any contact with Abby for guidance. "So I was thinking...how does prom sound?" he asks. I know how much she hated Rodfon for laughing at her face when she confessed, but girls are girls—they say and do everything with a heavy heart.

"I don't think so Aiden." she seems objective.

"C'mon Alex. You know I'm sorry for being an ass that time..." "I think jackass is more appropriate." she jeers at him. "I was being immature and that was three months ago. I've changed...I'm a new man now..." the manipulative bastard says.

"Oh Alex. C'mon. Prom? You, me, a limo...Abby and Rick can even tag along." he plays her like the loose chicken she is and when a guy like Rodfon fiddles with a girl, no girl could refuse.

It is a tragedy as her thoughts never bother to even think it through. She tries to hide her smile as she sounds lacklustre, "Alright, I'll go with you.". Only firecrackers are bursting inside of her. "Great! You won't regret it..." he says and kisses her on her cheek. It was bad enough that she is already going to prom with him, but if she was going to allow him to kiss her, who knows where else he'll put his dirty retarded hands on her?!

I get out of the wretched noise-populated canteen and run to the locker room; the safe zone. I burst through the doors and run wild into the corners where audio can't travel far. Steam rushes over me as my tantrum breaks loose forming a ball around my fist. Again and again I punch Rodfon's locker into a tin can; it is exactly what I wanted to do to him. The dents, though, aren't enough.

"Demon got your tongue?" his voice emerges.

Not a silhouette, but a slither of grey air masks around me. In my mind I can hear the gruesome voice spit venom into my ears, mocking me for loving such a soul as hers.

"That poor boy's going to be devastated when he sees his..."

"Shut up father!"

"I'm only saying. If you're really angry, punch the sucker." The whisper of air trails around my wounded heart before moving into my face. "Go away father! I'm in no mood to batter now!" I yell at him. He thinks I feel threatened by his abnormal presence. "If only you'd understand the deadlock she has you in. Rage..."

"Rage fuels the mind father. It's with rage that drives motivation and it's with that motivation that will not stop driving me to claim her as mine!"