Chapter 34 : Goodbye

The ride back home is quiet. I'm afraid to talk to him and I guess he feels the same way. I did something which I'd never forgive myself for. I'd never think that I was possible of betraying him like that.

The nerve that bounced up for me to kiss Damien like that...

It was more than a force of attraction that pulled us together.

"Stop!" Caivanial immediately shouts as he presses the brakes.

"Stop thinking about him! It's disgusting!" he shouts at me more with his eyes glaring in disgust. "What are you talking about?!" I ask him. He tries to cover his wide eyes, but I've already caught him. "Nevermind." he says, but I want to know.

I lean over to his side and pull the hand brake before I wrangle the keys out from the lock. It's a struggle with him making me go back to my side, but I win.

"Give me back the key!"

"Not until you tell me what you're hiding away from me!" "We're in the middle of the road Alex! Just give me the key and I'll tell you later..." "No way! Tell me now!"

He turns to look behind him. "Alex there's a truck coming."

"Liar!" I argue, but that's when I see lights.

"The truck is not going to see us coming. Give me the key!" he shouts at me. I feel the cold metal of the key. Its sharp jingle sound tells me to give it back to him, but I'm not going to. "No. You wanted trust, well here it is. You either tell me what you're hiding from me, or I'll die right here." I tell him.

I am stupid, he was right. But I have to become stupid to learn, to know and understand what he wants from me and how to deal with things in his world. "Alex, please! GIVE ME THE DAMN KEYS!" "NO!" I scream back at him.

The truck is approaching us and he still has not given up.

I can see the hesitation in his eyes as the light nears us closer. "DAMNIT ALEX!" The red front of the truck is visible and I absolutely doubt the truck knows we're in front.

There are about five more seconds till my death. He's know I'm serious and yet he still chooses not to tell me. Four more seconds left; if this is what he chooses I don't want to stick around and be claimed by someone, something.

Three more second left and I choose to close my eyes now.

"Angel of death here I am."

The honking is now vivid and in two seconds, I feel nothing.