Chapter 11 : After the After Party

Sandwiched in between people, I'm almost suffocated until he puts his hand out to drag me out from the crowd. "Thank you..." I say and cling onto him as we escape from the crowd of happy-ecstatic teenagers.

"How was it?" he asks. "Better than I expected. I just can't believe finals are over." "Yeah, who thought May would end so soon. Now, we can do whatever we want!" he's excited.

I push open the door and we stride out with his hand around my shoulder. "Whatever we want? You say that as if we've just gotten out of prison." "Hey, tomato tomata." he remarked as we get to his locker. It's crazy to think that we'd been dating for a month now.

No fights, no arguments, no accidents, it was just bliss.

Everything about Caivanial was impeccable—his hair, his stubbles, his grey eyes, the way he smirks and just acknowledges every action you take. The only down sight to him, was that he never did find the proper time to tell me about his troublesome past.

It almost made me wonder whether he did have a life-threatening secret—that everything he pulled before, was just a lie.

Maybe since the exams are over, I could start pressing him.

As I wait for him to gather his stuff out from his red locker, an envelope falls out. Why an envelope? I quickly pick it up and look at the address; there was none, not even a stamp.

"Can I have that back please?" he asks, his voice is a little edged. "What is this?" I smile, hoping he would tell me something.

"I'll only know if you give it to me..." his rough voice isn't very pleasant. I've never seen him react this way.

I hand the envelope over to him and lean against the lockers—bummed that he's being a bum.

My curiosity over takes me while he hastily opens up the letter. It must be important. "What's it say?" I ask, but his eyes continue to trail along the lines.

His brows furrow and if I'm not wrong, he seems upset. He always furrows his thick brows whenever something didn't please him. I could remember when he poured coffee over my prom dress.

I knew asking him would be pointless, so I slide to the back and peer from his shoulder. Devastatingly, it's in a complex form of Latin and before I can make out the first word, he tears the paper up and throws it into the dustbin.

"Why'd you do that?!" my voice becomes hasty like his.

"Cause' it was nothing. Just some asshole writing in gibberish." "That wasn't gibberish K. It was old Latin, something you can read." "I can't read old Latin" he defends.

"K, why are you lying to me? What was that letter about?"

"Nothing. Hey, if there was, I'd tell you." he says as he picks my hand up to kiss the back of palm.

"You're just too much Adams...I'm..." I want to say, but I don't know if it was right.

"You're what?" he asks, the brows retreat back to outline his beautiful grey puppy dog eyes. "I'm sick of this..." I start.

"And what's that?" his voice mellows.

"You! You never tell me anything about what's going on in your life! We've been together for a month now, and you still don't trust me?" "X, I do trust you. I..." he is going to say until Abby and Maverick come along with faces full of glee.

"Hey..." she intrudes, "...you guys going for the After Party?" "Isn't that tomorrow?" Caivanial asks.

"Yup and we're all invited." Maverick says.

"How come? It's only for adults." I question.

"Mayor Rodfon wants to invite all high school seniors only. Apparently he thinks we're sophisticated enough." Abby laughs.

"So you guys coming or what?" Maverick asks us.

With the argument still in place, I shake my head 'No', but Caivanial's dominant voice helps answer the question.

"We'll come. What time again?" he answers.

"Seven. And make sure you wear a tux. He wants it to be like a formal thing." Maverick says before leaving with Abby.

We were alone again and I was twice as upset now as I was before. "I'm not going." I start walking away.

"Why?!" he latches on to my hand tightly.

"Because you keep secrets away from me K. Who am I to you?" "You're my girl." "Then why hide every single thing away from me. I've blabbered about myself endless amounts of time, and you..." I just feel like hitting him.

"I'm sorry. I never knew you felt this way X. I'll tell you anything you want to know." he blurts out.

My eyes grow wide and I wonder if he was teasing me, "Really?" I ask. "Yes, but there's a condition..."

I roll my eyes.

"I'll only tell you after the After Party, if you'll accompany me?" "After, the After Party?"

"Yes, I'll tell you everything straight out. No more secrets."

"You promise?" I ask him again, still unconvinced.

"Promise" he assures me with his eyes sunny.