Chapter 10 : Caciatore

Whistling away to the tune of the headphones and walking down her pathway with a hop in almost every step.

It has been a week since the beautiful bus ride and she still couldn't get enough of me. She found a comfort in me sooner than I'd expected and I was thankful that she did.

I hated to keep up the charade of annoying her. There was no way I could keep my distance away from her that long.

As I waited in front of her door, I recalled the weekend when we went to Washington for shopping. She wanted clothes and I wanted to spend time with her. The only glitch was when she invited Maverick and Abby to tag along.

It was funny to think that there were monsters surrounding Alex everywhere, but she was too mundane to ever think about it—I couldn't wait to tell her about Abby's dirty secret.

"Caivanial. You're early." her father opens the door then, stringing me back into reality. I smile to give the father of my girlfriend a pleasant sense. He did find me a bit suspicious.

"Good morning Mr. Lawrence." "Morning. She's getting dressed, would you like to come in?" he offers, "It's fine..." I say when I hear her steps approaching the door.

And there she was, rushing out of the room, down the stairs and almost crashing into her father humiliatingly. I can only huff a chuckle before she holds my hand and parts away from the house.

"I'll be back soon dad." she wishes him. "Alright honey. Be careful!" he advices her but at the same time it's a warning for me.

I chuckle a bit before opening the door for her. I wave to the older man at the door before driving away from his sight.

"Don't you look beautiful today?" I tell her; noticing the white tank top before her skinny jeans. "Doesn't look like you're going to the library." I give a sly comment. "Shutup..." she teases me in my abdomen that I almost lose focus on the road.

"I can't believe you're father allowed you out like that, when he knows I'm around..." I smirk, thinking of all the things we were going to do today. "Hey, he trusts me. And I know my limits."

"Do you?" I laugh some more.

"Yes, now pull up to the library." "Why?" I ask surprised. Were we really going to the library?

"Because I've got to return some books."

"Oh that's why you brought those books. I thought it was just to cover you in front of your father."

"Well...it works both ways." she nods cheekily.

I park in front of the Quilfren library then before she escapes from the car. "I won't be long." she smiles and lifts her legs high to reach the concrete wooden doors fast. I continue to wait in the car without any music. I preferred the loudness from my thoughts than the melodrama from songs.

Quilfren wasn't a big town, so it wasn't coincidental when I see Mr. Samarth, , a tall dark Indian man with a bewitching moustache and a fierce silent frown, waving at my direction.

He was a Booksman, all members of the Agastya family were. They were the generations of generations that kept the Quilfren library inviolable and sturdy.

I wave back at Mr. Samarth hoping he was going to talk to me. I had no mood to talk to him cause' I knew he was going to ask about Harish. Harish was in the same class with Alex and I, but he never liked to widen his horizons except when he was in the library; Booksman were like that.

Soon, I see Harish, a skinny-curly-haired guy run behind his father and into the library. His father must be training him to take over the library; it's what all young Booksman did when they were about to finish high school.