Chapter 16 : Wine or Tea?

The drive is not as far as I thought it would be.

Neither, did I expect the road to get smaller and smaller, until the gravel left the road. The old mustang goes on top of the delicate earth and over long grass. This was a very secluded place down South.

I bite my lip as my eyes squint in the dim setting. The Sun is going down already and the trees are now moving with the wind. Soon, I could see lights meeting me from far.

It was a small wooden cabin with a silent generator next to it. I get out from the car and lock it. I'd imagine something more grand for a CEO, but he did say it was a retreat.

I knock on the door and wait, hoping I was appropriately dressed.

I didn't know what to wear and picked out some white jeans and a blue blouse. I looked at my nails then and readjusted my hair until I finally decided to tie it up fast.

"Hello..." he says and I just managed to tie it up on the dot.

"You look beautiful Alexandra." he says with his charm shining beyond his teeth.

"Thank you..." my cheeks blush as he escorts me into his home. My eyes grow wide as I take-in the indoor décor-its wooden from top to bottom. The floor is made of oak, the walls are made of exquisite timber log and the ceiling makes a V-shape.

There is only the ground floor. The white woollen carpet goes well with the eggshell painted living room. The furniture is rustic and the kitchen is open. The dining table is small but enough to accommodate two.

"This place is amazing Damien..." "But it's not what you expected it to be, huh?" he asks with a smirk as he wanders off to the boiling pot in the kitchen. "Honestly, I thought it was going to be too grand and that I'd be out of place."

"Really? I'd imagine you fitting into every setting?" he asks. "And you're very kind for thinking like that." I accept his compliment, hoping my face wasn't red already.

"Do you want me to help you out there?" I ask him finally.

"No it's fine. You're the guest. Just relax and enjoy my little cabin." he says. "Oh you shouldn't have said that. I'm a snooper." I warn him. "Go ahead. I've got no skeleton's in my closet." he says. I smile at him and go out further into his cabin. It may look small from the outside but there are at least a few more rooms in. The first room I meet is a guest room. Typical comfy room and as spacious as the living room.

The second room was a bathroom. The third room is his room; a room I had to see with the given permission. I open the door and walk inside quietly.

The room is gentle and calming.

The colours play the piano in my mind with the easy-flow of light grey and green. A king-sized bed meets me first with its white linen and red blanket. Two giant ferns and a cactus popping up in a corner next to a recliner. The most attention-seeking object in his room, was the huge bookshelf.

I walk up closer to it and breathe in the pages of the vintage books.

The bookshelf spans across the entire wall while the books hang loosely around unorganised. I liked that-the freedom he gave his books. It wasn't dusty, but the musky smell from the bookshelf enchants me. There are even a few first editions, like Jane Eyre and The Prince and on his night stand was Hamlet. I go up to the Shakespearean classic and turn to the page he last read off from. "You like Shakespeare?" he asks, standing with his arms crossed whilst he leans on the door frame with a tiny smile.

"I'm not into literature..." I say. "Really?" he asks with confusion as he walks in. "You seem like the type for it." he says and I turn around to meet his gaze. He's too near. His hand moves to the side to close the book then. "I've never really liked the old language..." I say and walk towards the window slowly.