Chapter 4 : The First Lie

The door closes without her coming in. Something's wrong, very wrong.

I push past the drunk teenagers and disgraceful teachers until I reach the door...and there they are.

I catch a hold of his arm and chop it with my hand. The bone breaks but it isn't enough for me, so I give him a hard side-kick across his chest and that's when he lets her go.

The demon shudders at my sight then, "Prince!" it scorns and tries to get a punch at me. When I deflect, it immediately runs away.

You're not going anywhere!

I run fast, fast enough for her to believe, and when I was out of sight, I tackle Rodfon down like a rhinoceros and punch him to death with my own fists; just like his locker. My hands were sledgehammers with his cheekbones finally dented in.

The blood oozes out from his mouth—the black-sticky gump from Hell. I take out a capsule then and pierce out both his eyeballs.

It was a good thing I persuaded myself to carry one.

Squeezing and draining the liquid of his eyeballs out into the capsule, I wipe my hands on his coat and watch as the demon turns to stone then ash. The bronze tube-like capsule is safely placed into my jacket before I return back for her, hoping she hadn't left after the ugly calamity.

Is he alright? What if, no...how was his face...

She is still there, I can hear her panic. I find her standing up with freak in her eyes. Her fingers are ready to call the police until I come. "What happened?" she asks.

"He ran off. Got into a speeding car with some guy." I lie. "...Did he hurt you?" I see the slight black imprint around her neck.

"I...I don't know. He strangled me, then his face was weird...did you see his face?!" she is frantic again.

"No, what did you see?" I ask.

"He was a monster! His face was black and there were lines on his face with an orange pattern...are you sure you didn't see it?"

"No. Maybe you were seeing things when he strangled you. We should get you to a doctor."

"No! I don't want my parents to find out."

"Then what are you going to tell them?"

"That he bailed on me. Simple..." she says unstable.

"Are you sure? Your neck looks pretty bruised..."

"NO! I'M FINE!" she yells.

I have to give her, her space after what she saw; she needs to process the impossibility. I step back a bit and see her biting her lip.

"Look I'm sorry. I just don't want to go to the hospital..."

"It's okay. Then let's just get you in."

"No, the hall's just going to make my headache worse."

"Have you eaten yet?" I ask, this was my chance.

"No..."

"Then let's grab some food..." I say almost immediately.

She accepts and in no time, we're already driving South.

I bring her to the local diner, Sal's, as the clouds begin to form. I give her my blazer to wear then, as I open the door for her to enter the diner. It is already pouring and she desperately wants to sit next to the window to observe the rain.

She appears calm with the rain being admired by her.

"I didn't know the rain amused you so much..." I start. She liked the rain as much as I hated it.