Chapter 46 : Him

"Come on Mara. That's your sixth blood bag. You've already had twenty-seven of them today." "I'm trying! It's not easy conjuring back my full powers since I've been locked away for four centuries!" she scoffs at me.

"Well try harder!" I say before I jump back onto the couch.

I was having zero patience with her.

My tolerance level had taken a toll. I needed to get back home and see Alex; she wouldn't last the night without me, but this Lycan had no clue on how to regain her momentum back. "Can we speed this up Mara, or do I have to give you some motivation?"

"Depends. What kind of motivation is it?" she asks with a smile glimmering.

"Imprisonment. If you don't start showing me some energy!" I shout at her.

"Hey if you think I suck, get someone else."

"I would've if there was a third Oast sister, but sadly she died." "Yeah, and who's fault was that?" she asks me but I turn the question back around.

"Alex will be in trouble if you don't help us Mara. Just show me something, just a little..." I plead to her but that's when he comes in.

"Woah. Should I give the both of you some privacy?" he asks with glee.

"Shut it Damien. Did you peep out of her window? Was she alright?" I ask him. "Yeah. You could say that..." he says but something else was brewing in his mind, something he was hiding. "What're you not telling me Wivler." I stomp to him.

"I have no clue to what you're talking about..." he says now and it only confirms my suspicion. He was up to something, or he'd done something, yet he wasn't thinking of it so vividly. All he thought about was a couch—the same couch from Alex's house...

He was in her house!

I grab a hold of his shirt then and push him to the wall. With the most subtlest tone I could come out with, I mutter underneath my breath, "Did I not tell you to just peep into her window?" "Well, I couldn't be a peeping tom, now could I?"

"Why did you go in?!" I scream.

"To check up on her." "Well, now she knows that I lied to her!" "Your fault buddy..." he says with a pat on my shoulder but I wasn't going to allow him to leave without pressing him some more. "You're going to tell me just what you did..."

"Why?! It's none of your business. It's between Alexandra and I."

"Alex and you? No, no, no. It's not just between Alex and you. Wherever Alex is concerned, I come into the picture..."

"Hurt to pop your bubble Caivanial, but maybe you've been replaced..." he tries to say gently. "What?!" I argue.

"Maybe Alex has found someone else. You know, with all the lying and staying in the shadow, she's ready for someone you...." and that's when he reveals the situation to me in his mind. My hand couldn't stay still and it wouldn't have ever let him go without my fingers plundering into his chest.

The sharp nails stab into his chest, past the sternum and reach his beating, bloody heart. "If snapping your neck won't help, this certainly will." I say before I grab hold of his heart.

"Caivanial! Stop!" Mara shouts from far, "If you kill him, the plan will go to ruins! We need him!" she argues. "We can get somebody else..." I murmur as I watch his desolate sweaty face in horror.

He's in the last few seconds of his life, his worst moment; my best one.

"You're not going to Prince!"

"He's made Alex fall in love with him! The sly pig!" I shout in his face.

"It's not his fault! Alex made the decision! Scold her!"