Chapter 49 : Sickness

"I owe the both of you a great deal of debt." I say with gratitude.

If it weren't for the Milowski brothers, I could've never been able to get the key.

"It was our pleasure your highness. So am I in the clear?" Toby asks, wondering if I'm still going to hunt him down after he used Magiqs during prom.

"You're free. Now go and have fun. You're parents are already waiting for you." I say to the boys.

I did feel the tiniest amount of guilt for using them like this, but I had no choice.

"So, I saw your grandfather today." I tell Abby as we walk along the corridor to my father's safe. "Who?" she asks, wondering if she heard right.

"I know everything Abigail. You don't have to pretend. Even about Alex practising with the Mark." "Prince, I didn't mean to, Alex wanted to do it and..."

"Save your breathe Zachariah. As long as Alex doesn't use it, I'll make sure to restrain myself from killing you, but now, I need you to be my eyes when I get my father's wings." "And what do I do if someone comes?"

"Kill them."

"And if it's your father?" she asks, hoping that I'd say the opposite of what she knew she had to do. "Whatever you possibly can do to stop him..." I say before we rush to the almighty wings; hidden in between two rooms on the far end of my father's quarters.

I'd seen it numerous times when I was a young boy; eyed it for centuries, wondering if I'd ever need to use it; if I'd ever need to claim the throne one-day.

Every second that prolonged was a second wasted. I hated the idea of keeping Alex with Damien, but it was the only means of protecting her. With everyone guessing that Alex was Damien's blood bag, they'd have no clue to who she really was—my queen.

When we finally reach the forbidden room, my breath holds high and my palm blooms open to reveal the silver encrusted ruby key.

"My father's going to be sorry for every threat he's ever placed on her."

"Could you maybe hurry this up..." Abby pleads that I immediately push the key into the lock.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"That bitch! She's going to ruin everything!"

"What's her part in the plan?" I ask, wondering why Caivanial never told me about her. "I don't know. Ask your boyfriend. Everything to him is a secret." he snarls with his head snapping left to right in search of the orange-haired beauty.

"I can't leave you alone here, and I need to find her, or...." he was saying until he spots someone from far away. He gestures to them to come and meet us here with his arm in fury. I turn around to spot the Milowski brothers and Kamila pacing towards us.

They're all in worry as he is.

"Where did she go?" Kamila asks.

"I'd ask you, you bitch! What other plans are the two of you having?!" he sneers.

"Nothing! She was supposed to stay here." Kamila defends.

"Milowski!" Damien turns his head but the boys fall heavily down.

"We did nothing! We were all trying to get the key remember?" Toby voices out.

"Damien, it must be one of the Noncs then. K warned us just down."

"About what?!" Kamila bursts.

"Rodfon double-crossed us. Every Nonc out here is going to want Alexandra." he explains. "Guys..." Toby utters in horror with his eyes unable to break view from someone coming at us. I turn my head first, but before I could see who it is, Damien shields me away.