Chapter 25 : What if I lied?

My head is still spinning but my heart is calm.

I open my head and view the plain ceiling and catch a stream of sunlight protruding through the window. I follow the light to the window.

Caivanial's looking out to the pretty summer sun.

I don't know what to say to him. I don't know how to speak to him even. So many things went down just now and I couldn't help but feel frustrated.

How many more lies and secrets was he keeping from me?

"Where's Abby and Damien?" I ask him finally. "They left."

"You asked them to, didn't you?" I ask him, but I already knew his answer.

"They were disturbing us. The peace." "The peace you were trying to create. What more are you hiding from me K?" I ask him, my back is still facing him as I try to remember everything that went down just now.

"Just explanations..." he says and comes in front of me. He's kneeling down with his eyes pointed straight at me, into my soul.

"Explanations are a lot more than titles. You've got to tell me everything, now." I stress and watch his eyes shift back. He doesn't seem happy to do so, but he's trying to bring the words to his mouth.

He sits next to me then asks me, "Where do you want to start?"

"The Mark." I tell him.

He sighs before he starts, "The Mark allows me to share my energy with you. My Magiqs—like magic really." "But why do I want to use your 'Magiqs' for?"

"To protect yourself..."

"But you never...." "I know. You never gave me the chance Alex..." he tells me and I guess he's right. I always pushed him away.

"Alright. Then how does this Mark work?" "I'll have to teach you, but that can wait. It's dangerous."

"Dangerous?"

"Yes, but not like what Damien said. You won't be affected if I use my Magiqs, but I'd be affected if you use the Magiqs." "Why?" "Because you don't know how to control it yet and that's extremely, extremely dangerous..." "Alright, so you'll teach me?" I ask hopeful.

"One day soon. But not now...there's too much things going on."

"Like what?" The way he sounds, it doesn't seem like he's had a good start in the morning. "I don't want you to panic X, because I've got this handled."

"K..." I'm panicking.

"My father's threatening me, by threatening you. I placed the mark on you, so that my father wouldn't try to kill you. If he killed you, I'd become mortal."

"And what happens if someone killed...you?" I ask in return

"All my powers would go to you, but if it did, you might not be able to handle all of it and you might perish..." he says with a low tone.

"So either way, I perish..."

"Don't take it that way. If you practice, then maybe you'll be able to handle all of it."

"But I'm a mundane K." "You don't know what you have X. You're something more, you just haven't found it yet." "Find what? My spirit animal?" I ask in humour.

"Your anger. Your hidden self." "What are you talking about?" I ask. I feel weirded out and out of place. "What hidden self?" I ask again.

"Everyone has a fire and you just need to know which is your...Firewood. Like how you asked me what my rain droplet was. I'm asking you to find what your firewood is."

"K, you're really complex. Ok, forget about the Mark..." I finally say.

I had enough of this stupid mark, "...tell me about Abby."

I tell him finally and he laughs before he speaks.

"I knew who Abby was, since I came here." he says. "Yeah. And I know her since kindergarten, but that doesn't explain shit." I tell him. "She's the same Abby. You just didn't know she was a Fyre demon, with a y." "Ok, I don't get that part. The demons and all that." I ask him for clarification.

All this was new to me and if I was going to be with him, I needed to know.

"So far, you've met Nonc demons, like Aiden and Mayor Rodfon. Then you've met a Fyre demon, like Abby. Nonc demons will do anything to try and kill you but Fyre demons will protect you at any cost. There are other kinds of demons, a whole hierarchy, but if I tell you all of them tonight, you might sleep off."

"Ok, but why are the Fyre demons so...nice?" I try to find a good word.

"Fyre demons protect the Kain's. The Kain bloodline. Your bloodline is special and I don't think I should explain it to you further...."

"No tell me..."

"It's not my place to tell you, it's your parents." he tells me and I'm set back.

If my parents wanted to tell me, they would.

They wouldn't want to put me in danger. "Come on K. Just tell me."

"I'm not going to. It's something between you and your parents." he says and lies back down.

"You're really hard to talk to you know." he says with a sigh.

"The feeling's same over here." I tell him and lie beside him. The room is silent and my breath is low and steady. The stream of sunlight has grown wider and I don't bother to go and close the curtains. "Alex, can I ask you something?" he asks me.

He's never talked to me like that, and I feel unsettling with his disturbed tone.

"Anything." I tell him and turn to look at his perfect face.

"Do you...like Wivler?" he asks me and I don't know how to answer him, but I know what I should answer. "No K. I don't. Damien comes in here whenever he likes and I don't know how to stop him. He's played every trick in the book with me but I'll never budge. I only love you." I tell him before I climb up on top of him.

"You mean that?" he asks me.

"Yes. I love you K." "I'll always love you X." he says and brings his head up to kiss me. My legs get the tingle again and my fingers are drumming on the side of the bed. Before I could ask myself he brings my body down on his and I feel the heat off of his body.

My breath escapes me and I find myself trying to breathe in harder as he places kisses on my neck. His touches are so soft and minuscule that my nerves act hectic.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

She's sleeping on my chest. Her warm face rests peacefully and I can't stop staring at her. My own little queen. She trusted me and everything that I had to say. Even if I did tell her the truth, I still feel my stomach crying.

What if I lied to her?

She'd still believe me.

That's the problem.

She could fall for anything and that could be her ruin. I needed help and I knew I wasn't going to like it. I needed to see someone. Someone I might not like so much.