Chapter 15 : GET OUT!

His eyes are pitch black.

His skin is paler and his fingers are sharper.

"No! No!" I scream asking him to let me go.

My scream of terror strikes me and I immediately sit up from bed then. It was all a dream. My face is sweating and my chest is aching. I was in my blue soft pyjamas while my dress hung perfectly on the coat hanger. Did family day not happen?

"Good morning." a deep-voice behind me spoke.

"K, what're you doing here?" "I thought I'd make you some coffee." he says as he hands me a mug. I take in a sip and look around me, still feeling weirded out after the dream.

"The coffee's good, thanks. But how come my parents let you up?" I ask as I drank more. "They're not here." he says. "Where are they?" "Rome. They left last night."

My nerves tense back again, that wasn't a dream. Caivanial notices the panic in my eyes and tries to come for me, but I throw the coffee in his face. Thinking the hotness might hurt him, he stands still irately. "You didn't have to do that..."

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I continue to scream.

"Alex, I don't want to fight with you. Let's just have a calm conversation." he says with his steps getting nearer. "I am not going to talk to you!" I shriek and bounce over to the other side of the bed. "I need you to leave Caivanial!" I tell him again.

"Alex, we can make this work. It worked for Agnesina." "I'm not her! I don't associate with creatures like you." "But I'm half-human Alex. I'm not a monster. I feel."

"Yeah right!"

"Just listen to me. I'll never hurt you...." he says and I couldn't take it anymore.

Why couldn't he just leave me alone?

I start to take the books from my shelf and throw it at him. "GO AWAY...GO!" I shout as I throw them. He deflects them anyway and makes his way to me. He corners me to the wall then, his hands are on both sides of me. I couldn't control my breathing anymore, this was sickening to my stomach.

"Alex, just let it go..." he persuades me with his smooth voice. His eyes plead to me, to be pitiful of him, but I couldn't. I wasn't going to.

He steps back from me then as he says, "If you think I can't feel, then there's no reason for me with this heart. If you're not with me, I'm nothing..." he says and strikes his hand into his chest. He digs and digs until I see pure crimson blood leak out.

It was horrendous, until he took out his beating heart.

My stomach was in knots as he held his living heart high up.

"I have a heart Alex, and it's for you. It's always been for you." he says. His body starts to morph again. His hairline turns grey and starts to shed. The skin around his eyes wrinkle and he collapses to the floor on his knees with a sharp bone crack.

"What are you doing?!" I ask nervous, but he couldn't hear me. "Caivanial, stop it. Put your heart back in! I get it!" I scream. His mouth starts to dehydrate as his skin becomes scally. I couldn't take this anymore, I didn't want him to die!

I run to him then and slam his heart back into his chest. His whole body lies still on the floor, and I wonder if he's really dead.

"Caivanial?" I call out and start giving him CPR.

Pushing his ribs up and down, I call out to him more.

It was a minute too-long later when he breathed back into life. His hair grew back, his skin was perfect and his lips were plump. "Why'd you bring me back?" he asks and I couldn't believe he could ask me that. "Cause' I need you to leave!" I say before I step away.