Chapter 29 : 1773

I can hear her. She's somewhere nearby.

Mundurum is in the peak of sales with Halloween approaching; my birthday. The decorations are getting fixed with every lamp post having a hung coloured skull.

Sparkling lights made from the essence of lava is glimmering on every household, and balloons with my name titled on it are wishing me with joy.

It was stupid that they celebrated my birthday, they didn't even know who I was.

I walk through the alley way now. Dark and misty. Gargoyles here, ogres there. All carrying out something they're not supposed to do. If I wasn't finding her, I'd have already started my investigation on them.

There was somebody else with her, a voice I knew too familiar. I knew where she is now. I immediately speed myself down to the chamber. A right turn, then a staircase down and I was already in the brothel. I enter with fury as I could see the eyes turn to me.

They're hearts melt for my attraction, but I was only here for one girl. I enter straight down the brothel and try not to let my eyes wonder to the others in the other room.

The brothel, was the place I wanted to avoid the most.

When I hear the chatter in the chamber, I open the door and find Kamila's hand on Alex. "What are you doing to her?!" I shout and pull Alex out.

"Filthy whore! Don't ever come near her again!" I scream in her face then slam the door. I grab a hold of Alex and hug her tightly in my arms. "I'm so sorry... are you alright? Did Damien send you down here?" my heart was throbbing to see her down here.

Who does that prick think he is to destroy her innocence?

"Can we please get out of here?" she asks me and I nod my head.

I touch her temple and in a second, we're back in the green field. She's amazed with open eyes. She let's go of me, but I feel it as a push. No words and no worried lines, she just walks away from me.

"Hey, where...where are you going?" I ask. "Away from you." she says.

"The last time you did that you ended up in a brothel." I tell her and that's when she realised where she was actually.

"I don't care and don't follow me." she tells me, but since when did I not follow her. "Alex, just forgive me. I didn't mean to say that exactly. I meant it as like a cute thing..." I try to explain but she's still furious, furious than before.

She turns around to face me and walks up. Her legs are heavy against the ground and her brain was becoming numb from the overthinking.

"K, we need to break up." she tells me.

For a minute, I wonder if she was telling me the truth, and in the second minute, I realise she is dead serious. "No. No. I'm sorry. I only made a small mistake. Just forgive me X. I won't do it again, I swear." I tell her with my knees already on the ground.

"It's better we don't do this now Caivanial" she tells me and starts to walk off.

"Then do it when? What else did I do wrong?" I ask her. I reach into her mind now and try to search for what had happened when she was down there. "What happened down there Alex?" I ask her straightforwardly now.

"None of your concern." she says with her back facing me.

I rush up to her side now, knowing that somebody had said something to her.

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. It is my concern if my relationship is jeopardised."

Her mind races and I finally find an image, it's Kamila's. "Why? Are you going to kill them if I tell you?" she asks me. "What? No!" I argue back. "I might kill them if they lied to you..." I tell her more sternly. "Fine. What happened in 1773?" she asks me.