Chapter 20 : He's my Kill

The night is shining with the stars sprinkled across the sky. I was waiting in the cold breeze for him to arrive—the bastard. He's going to get what's coming to him. Would it be decapitation or a plain-old ripping of the heart?

I was in no mood to talk to him nicely. My hands were fisted ever since he grabbed on to her like that at school.

What was he thinking?

And he thought he'd get away with it?

The clock is still ticking as I wait for him outside of his remote cabin. Corny to have a cabin all the way in the woods; luring innocent strangers and devouring them.

I should have killed him when I saw him at Family Day.

Lights start to approach my way. Two circular beams of yellow protrude through the dark woods and out comes the jackass. He immediately notices me and doesn't hesitate at all. He drives and parks his car without a fidget—he's calm, too calm.

"And what brings you here Prince Caivanial?" he asks.

"Came to see you Wivler, about Alex." "She is the goddess of this town, my goddess." he says and my fists tense up more. "She is not yours..." "Then is she yours? She just told me you meant nothing to her..." he tells me.

He was telling the truth as I play the memory of him meeting her at her house. "What were you doing at her house?!" I get upset and storm off to him. "Just visiting. She's invited me in before. Now there's no say in the possibility that I could barge in anytime..."

"Filthy bloodsucker!"

"Snobbish Prince!" he huffs.

"You're not going near her anymore!" I argue back. "And who are you to control me? She did say that she didn't want you anymore. Aren't I right little demon?"

"You're testing me aren't you? Tell me, do you want me to yank out your balls first and feed them into your mouth, or do you want me to replace your balls with your eyes?" he laughs at me then.

"You wouldn't even dare touch a finger on me. Prince or not, I'm still better than you. I will win Alexandra's heart." he says with a smirk. "And how sure are you that I won't kill you before you do?"

"Because, if you kill me. Alexandra will never ever see you eye to eye again. She's got something for me already and..." I couldn't tolerate any more of his ridiculous bullshit.

I grab his shirt and throw him into his house.

The door bursts open; splitting the wood into tiny wood chips as he lands on the floor.

"You were saying, asshole?"

He stands back up and dusts his blazer off. "You've really got some nerve to trespass on my property." "You're property? Or do you mean the mortal who lived here, that you killed! If only Alex knew." "I'm not stupid like you to tell her..."

"Yeah. You're above stupid for drinking blood in front of her." "Call me whatever you want Caivanial, but know this. Don't cry when Alexandra and I share the bed together." he says with a mighty grin that I get furious and ram him into his dining room table.

I had to let my rage go, and so it went.

Once he was on the floor, I catch hold of his face and punch him at least 8 times before I get him to stand up again, but to only throw him towards the sink. His head hits the edge and the blood was already starting to flow out.

"YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO SPEAK LIKE THAT EVER ABOUT HER!"

I grab the knife from the cabinet then and place it at his throat. His Adam's apple moves up but his eyes are steady on mine, like he wasn't afraid to die.

"Come on, do it then. Kill me." he says without fear. His gums are bleeding, his lips are cut and his eyes are crimson. Why isn't he fighting me back? I throw the knife away to the floor and stand far away from him. "My father sent you, didn't he? This is all a diversion, to get me far away from her..." I say as I think it through.

"I don't work for the King. I work for myself."

"Then why aren't you fighting me?"

"So I can show Alexandra of our little bonding experience."

"You'll heal."

"Not unless I cast a spell. You see little Prince, you're not going to stop me from claiming her. She is mine, she just needs time to readjust after you. She already told you to get lost, so you might as well just do that." he tells me and the words sting me in my heart.

I want to kill him, but if Alex knows, she'd be more upset and probably never ever speak to me again. I have to let him go, no matter how badly I wanted to end him.

After I get Alex, then maybe, just maybe, I could possibly kill him, but for now I had to hold the urge. I get out of the sickening place and smash his car window before walking into the woods.

The silence is cold.

It hurts me so much to think that I might've lost her. Centuries of playing this game is heart-wrenching, as if I'm in my own personal hell.

I didn't want this. I don't want to disturb her like this and cause so much chaos, but I love her. When I finally reach her house, I hide behind the same tree.

When I confirm she is asleep, I climb up to her window and open it. The window creaks slightly but she's in a deep dose of sleeping pills—the stress is killing her.

"I didn't want this for you Alex. I didn't want you to be buried underneath all of this, but I need you. I just love you too much Alex." I whisper in her ear.

The beauty that glows on her face tonight, I can't leave her alone. If I can't see her in the day, I'll see her at night. I watch her throughout the nightfall as she drifts off further into slumber. It wasn't only her eyes that made me fall in love with her, but her aura and love for innocence and redemption...

I just had to convince her that I wasn't all that bad, that I do have a good inside.

But how was I going to convince her if she wasn't going to even listen to me?