Chapter 42 : Secrets Club

"Thanks for the coffee." my smile brightened the young teen's day.

"You're welcome. You waiting for someone handsome?" she tries to flirt.

"Just meeting an old friend. She's from out of town." "Where's she from?".

"Tokyo." "So you're into Asians?" she asks with her red lipstick on her puffed up lips. It was nice to know that so many women wanted me, the girls in short skirts felt it the most. "I'm into girls who have a rather dark side for the Devil." I try to scare her off.

She gulps before she leaves my table and wonders to the back of the kitchen.

I could smile and do the talking, but not for long. I was planning my strategy to talk to Mara—Mara Oast. I am nervous actually about the whole thing; nervous that Mara might be too disgusted with me to help me but she had to either way.

I wait and wait for Mara to come, so much that the afternoon pack had already arrived for lunch. This was pointless and as I took out my wallet to pay for the coffee, a voice approaches me from behind.

"I've never seen you here before..." Damien says at the back of me.

"Ditto...why are you here."

"Apparently there is a girl out there trying to kill Alexandra."

"What do you mean?!" my voice gets fierce.

"A Lycan by the name of Mara Oast. Do you know anything?!" he shares his rage with me. "Where is Mara?" I ask in return. "I've locked her up. Used a spell to get to you."

"I was supposed to meet that barbaric creature here! Did she hurt Alex?!" I ask.

"She tried to kill her and the rest of the people who were at Sal's with arrows. Who the Hell uses arrows nowadays?!" "A revenge-demented freak who's been locked up for more than four-hundred years in the my prison." "For what?" he asks.

"Something that she did...but that's not the issue right now." I try to get to the main point. "Bring me to Mara now."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I'm going to miss you chumps so much!" Maverick hugs us silly.

"Me too!!!" Abby says. "Guys we'll meet up again. This isn't good-bye." I try to say to keep my sanity under control. "You're right. There's Christmas and Thanksgiving! We'll reunite once again." Maverick says with a smile. As we let go of the close bond, I wave to Maverick who gets in the car and drives off into the literal sunset.

"I'm going to miss him." "Cheer up Abby." I say and wipe her back.

"I know. At least he's far away from danger."

"What danger?" I ask her curiously.

"Did the Prince not tell you?"

"What?!" I ask scared now. "He's planning to steal the King's wings on the 31st."

"Wait! How do you know?!"

"Huh?!" she's confused now—and so am I.

"Prince told me..." "Yeah and he told me too. I didn't know you were included. You don't have to be included Abby...something might go wrong and..."

"I'm supposed to be protecting you Alex, not study. In all the generations of Fyre's, I'm the first to go to college." "And that's a good thing. Go back to Shefeldin!"

"Lex, the Prince gave me specific instructions. I am your escort if anything goes down on the 31st."

"My goodness Abby. You're my friend. I'll explain it to K, just don't out your life on the line for me!" "Hey, look. I know it's hard to handle, but I'm not going to die."