Epilogue

"How's the pot roast Caivanial?"

"Delicious Ms. Tina."

"I'm glad you like it. Alex told me you rarely spent Thanksgiving at your place."

"Mom. Can we just enjoy this food?" she tells her mother.

"I'm sorry." she says apologetically. "It's fine. I'm just happy to be here." I say with immense gratitude. There was no other place I wanted to be at, then to sit here next to her.

While her hand holds mine underneath the dining table, I could sense the vast multitude of happiness streaming around. For once in my life, I was accepted.

I'm treated like an individual who had feelings, who knew what pain was and who could give joy. Alex made it possible, she helped me.

I could play with her young cousins and nephews, have talks with humans and most importantly, not feel left out.

"So, how's post-three weeks?" Abby asks, when we finally leave the dinner table.

Post-three weeks after the apocalyptic party was fantastic. After burning down Damien's cabin, we went on our own road trip down to the sands. Like our own retreat.

"The sex is undefinable." I say eventually, that she has to control herself from spitting the juice out. "You don't have to spill so much, my grandad's here!" "Oh sweet innocent Abigail." I joke. "What did he say?" Maverick asks her finally, that I had to laugh.

"What're you fine young people talking about then?" the man with the green shirt asks as he approaches us. The hairs on my hand rise afraid, feeling almost threatened until Alex follows him behind. "Uncle Rogers, this is Caivanial. He's my boyfriend...".

She said it so purely, like it didn't mean any wrong, but to him, the definition of wrong was my face. "Caivanial. Nice name. Where are you from?"

"Italy, sir." I gulp.

"That's marvellous. So I hear, you're going to the University of Dalphous with my niece. What're you going to be studying?"

"I'm taking my shot at Engineering this time sir." I say, trying to mask the gulp of saliva trailing down my throat.

"Hmm... I would've thought you'd be more into mythology..." he says, but that's when Alex pulls me away from the conversation.

"If I could borrow him for a while Uncle." she says before bringing me into the guest bedroom and locking the door.

"Thank you. He just gives me some kind of weird sensation."

"Like all us Kain's do?" she asks annoyed at her family.

"Yeah." I admit.

Despite her mother's promises, they never mentioned the family business, which was driving Alex off the cliff.

"You'll know someday X, just maybe not in the near future."

"Yeah, I know. It sucks."

"Cheer up now." I say as I bring her chin up to meet my eyes, "Knowing who your family really is, isn't the biggest concern now..." "Then what is?" she asks me back.

"College. You and I, together in our own dorm, away from all of this..."

"You managed to get our own dorm? How?" she asks unbelievably excited.

"Persuasion. And I can show you a preview of what's going to go on in there..."

I say before bringing her to meet my lips, but she does me better by strapping onto my body. I lift her up carefully, hoping no one is going to interrupt us now.

She's confident, in everything. She wasn't timid anymore, she was transformed—heightened beyond her ability, beyond what was given to her, beyond a higher order...

She will and forever be my queen.