Chapter 40 : Allies II

She cannot feel the rhythm in her chest, her bulging eyes are already terrifying me.

Her hands grip on mine tightly as she tells me with fear dreading in her voice, "Please K. I don't want any trouble. Don't start something that can't end."

"It will end. It'll all end." I assure her, but she misinterprets it.

"YEAH. WE'LL ALL DIE! ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHY WOULD YOU FIGHT WITH THE DEVIL?!"

"Alexandra. His plan sounds good..."

"I can't believe this. Am I the only one who sounds sane?"

"You're insane for not trying. It'll work." I convince her. "He's already got a target on my back K. I don't want that target to push to my family."

"Trust me. Your family will not get hurt. They're Kain's"

"And I'll never understand that! Just please don't do this stupid thing you're planning. Whatever it is..." "X, it's only going to get worse. He'll chase us! Do you want to keep running for the rest of your life?!"

"No, but we'll hide. You can figure out a cloaking spell or whatever..."

"It won't work! Munduriums are not allowed to use Magiqs on humans!"

"We'll find something else, someone will help us..." she tries to tell me.

"NO ONE WILL HELP US!"

"Why not?!" she throws her voice at me.

"BECAUSE OF ME! NO ONE WILL HELP US BECAUSE OF ME!" I scream. She backs away and lets me to cool off—she knows me well enough.

"But you can cheat..." she tries to say, "Even if I do, I'm not that strong to put a cloaking spell. I don't have pure Magiqs blood." "But you could do all those nifty tricks..." "Yes, tricks that I've picked up. My Magiqs blood comes with the package of being the Devil's son." "Fine, then Damien knows magic..."

"NO! Cabinet Laws firmly state that no Magiqs are allowed to be used upon a human." "He's right Alexandra. People get the death penalty for doing that."

"Right now, beating my father is the only way we're going to solve this so if you'll just LISTEN!" I throw my voice at her still.

She sits down in front of me.

Her eyes still focus on me with her hands pushing on the sofa. Her back is straight and her mind is shut. The discipline shrivelling in her spine makes me go insane. I sigh.

"Alex, I don't want to frighten you." "Are you sure?" she asks with a sulked tone. "I don't want to. I would've done it all alone X, but I know how much you value trust..."

Her hands let go as her head relaxes into my view now.

"...You trust me enough to tell me to choose which secrets to tell you and I'm honouring that. I want you in every part of my life X." I speak without thinking of him in the room.

"I want you to know X. Whatever you want..." I try to say but her palm grasps my cheek. The prickling stubbles feel itchy on her hand, but she likes it.

"K. I know. I trust you and...you know best. Do what you need to." she gives me the green light. "Really?" I ask afraid.

"I won't interrupt, but please tell me you're not going to risk your life..."

"I won't." I try to say.

"Good" she says with a smile as she rubs my cheek and kisses my forehead.

"I just can't wait for you to screw this up..." Damien says in disgust at our love and I could only be happier. "Well. Why not we get to some details then shall we?" I say as I stand up to face them both. "Right. How are you going to do it?" she asks.