Chapter 30

I sat outside of the mansion to take a break from the toxic events. Funny, I just remembered how Masky was killed, I led him right in front of the mansion where Zalgo teleported us to an unknown location. I couldn't bear to watch him get hurt. Taking a walk in the forest isn't an option either because that's how Alex, Jeff, and Painter were killed.

Going to the city wasn't-

Wait

Going to the city...

I looked back at the mansion and then in the forest. The realization hit me. I haven't gone to my house for such a long time. I tried to ignore those thoughts seeing as we're currently in a bad situation and there was no way I could go to my house especially when Zalgo is still out there.

"Hey, are you alright?" A voice asked behind me. Right away I knew it was Liu since I was already familiar with his voice.

I didn't turn back right away. I took a deep breath and looked at the trees for one last time until I turned around to look at him.

"Breakfast is ready"

(...)

My shift with watching Clockwork was almost over and it was already 6 pm which made me wonder if Zalgo was going to attack, not that I wanted him to.

I stared at Clockwork only to see her pale skin. Her heartbeat normalized so all she needed to do was to wake up.

Soon a knock on the door was heard but I stayed in place.

"I thought you wanted to come down and eat dinner with us, I would take over your shift," Liu said

I shook my head. I needed to make sure I did my job

"I'll bring some food then," he quietly closed the door and left.

Back to what I was saying. I didn't feel comfortable knowing Zalgo hasn't attacked us yet because he's been doing that lately. There's a chance he gave up or grew tired of us that he decided to wait for the war to make his final blow.

I clenched my fists tight while staring at Clockwork.

I'm going to make sure he doesn't succeed

Suddenly Clockwork groaned in her sleep. Sweat started to cover her forehead. I was more alarmed than ever because I knew Zalgo would sometimes attack us with nightmares.

Nightmares...

Oh shit

"TOBY!!!" She screamed while moving her body up.

I quickly grabbed her wrists to make sure she doesn't hit me in the process while trying to shake her awake.

"NOOOO LET HIM GO!"

She started to sit up so I had to pin her with me sitting on her stomach. I'm pretty sure it looked wrong but what choice do I have?

Her eye opened but it was jet black, like if she was possessed.

I heard running from the outside and a door opening. I couldn't turn around and check who it was because Clockwork could easily escape my grip.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Slender asked.

Clockwork looked at me while laughing like a maniac. "Yeah Y/N, what are you doing in this mansion if you're not a Creepypasta, nor immortal. You're just a worthless human" she said with a demonic voice.

Her words aren't going to affect me, therefore, my grip was still tight on her.

"That doesn't sound like her!" EJ desperately yelled while looking back at Slender.