Chapter 37

I started heading towards my room because I was slightly tired. I opened the door and saw Liu sitting on my bed. His head was down while playing with his fingers. Was he nervous?

"Hey," I spoke out

He quickly looked up and smiled "Hey"

We stared at each other for a few seconds until he broke the silence, "Can we take a walk in the forest? Dinner won't be ready until an hour"

I nodded and smiled in which he returned.

(...)

Liu and I sat near a lake without speaking any words.

"It's crazy how it's been a day since we defeated Zalgo," he said.

I just nodded.

"So, how have you been with Alex?"

I smiled "At first it was exciting but now he's getting annoying"

I heard some bushes move behind us but I didn't pay much attention since I figured it was the wind.

"Really? Was I annoying in the past?" He asked, still staring at the lake.

"No, you were clingy but I figured you were just following Alex's orders I mean who watches people sleeping, that's just weird."

"Jeff does that"

We both heard the same bush move. We both turned around and smirked at each other.

"I'm surprised Alex and Jeff aren't together I mean they're such a cute couple" I teased.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they were secretly gay for each other" He laughed

Immediately both Alex and Jeff stood up, revealing themselves from the bush and yelled, "We're not gay!"

Liu and I looked at each other while laughing. He quickly stopped and smiled at me, "That's the first time I heard you laugh, your laugh is so adorable"

I smiled and shook my head. "What? No, I sound like a dying a whale"

"It's not, trust me" Liu assured me.

"Stop flirting with her" Alex spoke out.

I rolled my eyes, "Alex get out of here"

"You too Jeff, you ruined the moment," Liu said while glaring at his brother.

Jeff laughed, "What? I just want to be here to experience your first love"

Alex looked at him confused, "Wait, what?"

I was confused as well. Does Liu like someone?

"Y/N"

I looked at Liu and he held my hands

"I know our first encounter wasn't the best one I mean I went inside your house and kidnapped you" he chuckled, "and I didn't expect us to grow a bond together but after I grew to know you. After Zalgo started to attack us, I realized you went through so much pain and I wanted to take that pain away. I saw you were in a helpless situation and yet you were so devoted. I wanted to ask you this question before we battled Zalgo but you left and I didn't know where you were but I promised myself I would find you and tell you that I love you. I keep thinking about you and there's no way I- Liu just get it over with, W-will you be my girlfriend?"

I kept staring at his green eyes, those eyes are the ones that keep giving me hope. I smiled, "Liu... of course, I will"

"I know this is early but may I?"