Chapter 32

Sweat started to cover the H/C girl's forehead. Multiple tears kept falling yet she couldn't escape from her living nightmare.

Nightmares. Everyone hates nightmares because they scare you. Wasn't life scary enough?

Liu, who had been napping, stood up from his chair next to her. He shook her shoulders but nothing.

She's probably having a nightmare from the incident, he thought.

"Y/N" he spoke out but she was still crying. "Y/N" He spoke louder but this time he shook her shoulders with much more force.

Her eyelids opened and revealed puffy e/c eyes. She leaned on his shoulders and cried. He quickly wrapped his arm on her waist. Liu uncovered the blankets and got in bed with her. She laid her head on his chest and continued to cry.

"Shhh don't worry I'm here. He's not going to hurt you anymore," he whispered while playing with her hair. "I'll make sure of it," he said while looking at the dark sky.

(...)

A groan caused me to wake up. Immediately I felt arms wrapped on my shoulder with my arm on someone's chest.

Wait, wasn't I just with Zalgo? That can't be him, right?

I slowly turned my head and saw Liu sleeping.

What?

I then remembered Liu comforting me at midnight, that couldn't be a dream. What about the whole Clockwork incident? That was real right? It seemed too real. Was Liu the one that saved me?

Out of nowhere, a knock was heard which caused Liu to be awakened. He immediately took off his arm from my shoulder and sat on a chair next to my bed. I looked at him confused while he put his index finger near his mouth, hinting me to be quiet.

The door opened and I immediately saw Slender and EJ entering the room.

"How are you feeling Y/N?"Slender asked

Fine but confused

"Can you explain why you're confused?"

I looked at Liu and thought of how I would express my question.

Did the incident happen? Was it not a nightmare?

Slender sighed and placed his hand on EJ's shoulder.

"Yes Y/N. Clockwork was Zalgo in disguise."

"Wait where are your brothers?" Liu asked.

Slender started to rub his head.

E.J spoke up, "something bad happened when we left and well when you left to find Y/N and I was just following you-"

Liu started to stand up while I sat down on the bed with the bedsheet covering my legs, "What? Don't tell me it was him!"

So it was true

Slender looked at me. "Child what do you mean?"

I looked down at the bedsheet while Zalgo's words kept replaying in my head.

"Don't worry, once you wake up, there will be 2 fewer Creepypastas living inside the mansion."

I slowly looked up at Slender.

He told me by the time I woke up, 2 of you would have been dead and that's when he knocked me out.

Slender stood straight. "My theory was partially right."