Chapter 15

"I don't like it. He's plotting something," Tony's voice broke through your haze of sleep, not enough to get you up, but enough to get you aware of the voices nearby.

"He's sleeping, Stark. That's the one time you can literally be guaranteed he isn't plotting something," Nat replied, her voice sounded exasperated by Tony's paranoia.

"He's been too quiet lately. I don't like it. He's up to something," Tony insisted.

"Be glad, Man of Iron," Thor didn't usually call Tony that anymore, so it always got Tony's attention when he did "that all of my brother's plots and plannings have been toward the careful courtship of our wolf and not towards some mischief,"

"And what happens when he gets bored of that game?" Cap demanded. "You know how he is,"

"Then we shall have to hope that our wolf's already bruised heart can survive the breaking," Thor's voice was sad, hopeless. He was sure Loki would get tired of you eventually. It was so strange to hear Thor as anything other than an optimistic puppy.

Tony raised his voice for his next words. "If anyone is napping in the living room, they may want to come to dinner before Thor eats everything," he announced loudly. "What?! I don't want to deal with her temper if she doesn't eat," he protested. You and Loki both shot up, awake at the very loud and clear threat. Neither of you would risk not eating because of Thor if you were remotely awake at all.

You saw Loki's shyness return when he realized that all of the team would have seen you cuddling like that. It was one thing for you to lay your head on him, or on any of the team, but it was completely different to be curled up together like that. That wasn't just him indulging your idiosyncrasies, that was him actually caring and initiating adorableness for himself.

You kissed his cheek, reassuring, but got to your feet first, and went to get food while he was regaining his composure. You rescued a bowl of Nat's five alarm chili for him too and set it at his place at the table. He joined you an minute later, the blush on his cheeks from being caught cuddling finally cooled.

"Thank you," he told you warmly when he saw that you had gotten his dinner too. He ruffled your hair, reassuring you with the gesture that he wasn't upset with you and appreciated that you knew him well enough to let him regain his composure from being emotionally compromised. You stuck your tongue out at him in reply and earned a chuckle for your efforts.

The whole table was roaring in laughter a few minutes later when Loki was downing glass after glass of water, coughing, with tears pouring down his face at the spice in Nat's chili. Thor was laughing loudest of all and was only avoiding being stabbed by the fact that Loki couldn't manage it while he was fighting to breathe. You got him a glass of milk from the fridge. "Here, it works better than water," you told him kindly, ignoring his indignant snarl. He was just angry at the spice. You ran your fingers comfortingly through his hair, plenty used to being snarled at for being nice.

"My brother has never been able to stand spicy things," Thor boomed, devouring his chili with glee.

"Sorry," you told Loki. "I would've warned you if I'd known," you told the poor spluttering Loki.

"Thor," Loki coughed. "Make her sit and eat." More coughs as he tried and failed to push you toward your chair. You were standing behind him, stroking his hair so he'd calm. "Damn Omega takes care of the pack first,"

You kissed the top of his head and gave him a smile. "You'll be fine if you can yell about me, oh high and mighty god," you teased, but took your seat again and returned happily to your chili. "Tony, I didn't see a turkey in the fridge," you announced, drawing the table's attention to you and away from Loki, who was finally getting back under control, though he was still glowering and grumpy. "Do you need me to go catch one before next week?" you asked with a grin. You'd hunted turkeys before.