Chapter 61

The next few weeks in Asgard flew by. You spent almost every moment with Loki. The pair of you explored the gardens. He took you to the markets and showed you the sights of the city. You explored all of his favorite places in Asgard. You also spent plenty of time with his mother and Thor and his idiot friends. You sparred with Lady Sif and she taught you new techniques. She was the goddess of war after all and an excellent fighter. She was also used to training the female warriors on Asgard, and was a good teacher for you.

You still couldn't believe the reactions of the people to you. You were expecting to be well known because of your relationship with Loki and your friendship with Thor. You were used to being famous on Earth for being part of the Avengers, so it was nothing new. You expected some deference since you were being courted by one of the princes. You were not expecting them to practically worship you. The people you saw actually looked disappointed if you weren't wearing your wolf ears when you were out among them. They wanted to see the wolf and she loved every moment of it. She loved that these people loved her and praised her, just for being her.

You were also a little surprised to find you were perfectly safe in the palace. You were expecting it to be safe, of course. You weren't expecting the hoard of servants to see to your every possible need. You weren't expecting guards to walk you wherever you wanted to go if Loki wasn't around, or for servants to give you directions and be so helpful. You weren't expecting the nobles to go out of their way to offer to help you with anything and everything you could possibly need.

Loki had said you would be treated like a princess.

He hadn't lied.

*

One morning, Odin called Loki to do something for him. Some magic that was vital for the realm or defenses or something else you didn't understand. What you knew was that you were losing Loki for the day and he had to spend it in the company of Odin. So he was going to be in a terrible mood when he finally got done with whatever spell Odin wanted. Plus he would be power drained which would just put him in a worse mood.

But you didn't know what to do with a day in Asgard without him. An hour here or there without him wasn't bad, you could entertain yourself that long, but an entire day? This wasn't your home, much as everyone was nice to you.

Thor came over to you after breakfast. "Lady Wolf, Lady Sif, the warriors three, and I are going out to hunt an elk for the feast tonight? Would you care to join us?" He asked you with a smile, offering you an activity for the day.

You nodded enthusiastically. "Sounds like fun! The elk is being used for dinner, right? Not just a trophy?" You would hunt to eat, but you refused to hunt simply for sport. If it was sport and a meal, that was also a different story. You had standards on hunting, but Thor seemed to understand that.

He nodded. "The elk is specifically to eat at the feat tonight," he reassured you. You nodded and bounced in delight.

"Let's go, then!" You told him brightly, grabbing his hand to tug him to wherever the hunt was starting from.

He laughed his big booming laugh. "Alright, Lady Wolf," he gestured to his friends and you all headed out to the stables so they could get their horses. You would be going on foot, which was a relief as you still didn't ride well. The warriors were all chatting and joking all the way to the stables and still when they'd mounted. Fandral offered you his hand, an invitation to ride behind him when he saw that a horse wasn't brought for you. You grinned at him and shifted into your wolf form. Everyone laughed at Fandral's shocked expression. You howled at him and barked a laugh when his horse shied and tried to bolt.