Chapter 67

After Loki had dragged you out of the tower once, you found yourself almost constantly on the run. You returned to your job at Stark Industries. You let people see you out and about, usually with Loki, though you also had dinners out with your brothers as well as with Samuel and Rachel. When any of the wolves went out with you, they went out with their ears and tails on display as well. There was some trouble at first with restaurants trying to deny you service. That ended quickly when they realized that Tony Stark took offense at that and not only made sure that no Avenger, member of his staff, of anyone in the public who would listen to him, went to any establishment that denied access to any minority, including the werewolves.

The LGBT community as well as all of the werewolves loved him for that.

And you were never turned away again.

You went on missions with the team again and time flew by in a flurry of responsibilities. It seemed the only breaks you got were around the full moon when you were stricken by moon fever and of course when you were playing as a wolf with your Loki.

The other level of craziness you had to deal with was the intricate planning of an Asgardian royal wedding. You lost track of how many ravens were sent between Asgard and Midgard within the first week of the planning with Frigga. You felt bad for the poor things. You felt worse for your poor brain. You'd never done anything like this before and Frigga needed your opinions on everything, flowers (of which you didn't know the names), colors, music (how the hell would you know Asgardian music?), guests to invite (of which you knew none besides your friends and family on Midgard), the list went on and on.

You were beyond grateful that you had Loki and even Thor to help you. Both of them had seen more royal functions than they cared to remember, and more importantly had been trained for the court their entire lives. Even Thor, who was a warrior at heart, was surprisingly knowledgeable about the court and royal functions.

However, neither of them could help you when it came to finding a wedding dress that would be appropriate. Loki wasn't allowed to see your dress and Thor was useless about fashion. You tried dress shopping with Nat, but it was hard to choose something when you didn't know if it would be appropriate for Asgard, and you didn't have time with your crazy schedule to take an extended trip to Asgard to get the issue sorted out there.

You were all surprised when the next raven announced that Frigga would be coming to Midgard to help with the dress issue among other things for the wedding. Loki and Thor both snapped into action, making sure the tower was clean, that their beloved (especially Loki's beloved) mama had somewhere to sleep and appropriate clothes, meals planned, and that everything was perfect for her visit.

They were such mama's boys.

Especially Loki.

Most especially Loki.

Who spent the evening before Frigga arrived threatening Stark bodily harm on top of defenestration and stabbing if he so much as looked at his mother the wrong way.

For once, Stark was smart enough not to argue.

Loki looked to you that evening. "I expected you to be bouncing with puppy-like excitement that my mother was coming to visit. You two adore each other," he said, confused, while he stroked your hair to make you purr.

You sighed and cuddled closer against his chest. "Of course I'm happy to see her," you told him. "And I'm glad to see you bouncing with such puppy-like excitement," you teased. You still hadn't found the limits of what werewolf traits he'd received from the bite. Things had been going pretty non-stop. But it was fun to tease him about being a werewolf anyway, since at least he wasn't called by the moon like you were. "It's just the wedding planning is overwhelming and I feel bad dragging her from Asgard to help me,"

Loki chuckled and kissed your forehead. "Darling, Mother has been looking for an excuse to come visit since Thor and I came to live here. The Allfather does not like her traveling off-realm, but she has been wanting to see where we're living and meet the team. She's overprotective of her sons, just as we are over her. Now, she has an excuse to come see us, one that even the Allfather cannot deny her. He knows how important our wedding is for Asgard and all the nine realms, even if I am his least favorite son,"

You heard the old wounds and pain in his voice and kissed him softly, distracting him from feeling inferior to his brother. You loved him more, as did Frigga. "Well, then, I'm glad you get to see your mother tomorrow," you told him warmly. "Now, the sooner you go to bed, puppy, the sooner you get to see your mama," you teased him viciously, your tail wagging at your fun.

Loki growled softly in warning. "I'm not a puppy," he snarled, which just made you laugh at him and kiss him. He could handle teasing, but even he had his limits.

"Alright, Alpha, let's get some sleep," you replied before you could truly upset him. Now that he would ever be truly upset with you. He kissed you deeply enough to have you gasping for breath when he finally broke it. "Tease," you informed him with a laugh as you were both breathing hard.

"Then I guess I shall just have to rectify that problem, now won't I, little wolf?" he purred before he leaned in to kiss you again.