Chapter 29

"Would you two stop that? It's disgusting," Tony growled when he returned to the tower. You looked up from your Loki who you had been enjoying kissing.

"Why does everyone want to interrupt our fun today?" you whined at Loki, not moving from his lap.

He sighed and looked put-upon. "I don't know, love. Shall I throw him out the window for you?" he asked with an innocent smile.

"Not if he's nice," you told Loki and licked his nose to make him sputter. You giggled when he had the exact reaction you were expecting.

"Maybe, if you two would make out somewhere besides the living room where other people like to hang out you wouldn't get interrupted," Tony commented dryly with an extremely dramatic eyeroll.

You looked at him, then at Loki. "That doesn't sound right. Does that sound right to you?" you asked him with a grin.

"No, I definitely agree with you that shell-head is in the wrong. Now, shall I throw him out of the window for you?"

"I can throw him out of the window on my own," you reminded him. You yelped when a strong arm lifted you off of Loki's lap. You recognized Thor's warm strong arm immediately.

"Stop annoying everyone, Lady Wolf," Thor teased lightly and set you on your end of the couch. You stuck your tongue out at him and he laughed. You jumped off of the couch when the oven timer went off. Your fun would've been interrupted soon anyway, so you forgave Tony. This time. You and Loki were supposed to be making dinner since you had the afternoon off. You may have gotten a little distracted...

"Um...Cap?" you asked shyly at dinner. Everyone's attention turned to you. It was strange for you to be shy about asking or saying anything, so everyone knew when you got that way it was over something important and something you had to be careful talking around. Cap nodded his head to indicate he was listening. "D-do you have Loki assigned to anything in particular for the next couple of weeks?" you asked softly.

Cap thought that question over. "Not currently. Do I need to assign him to recon on the other side of the country?" he asked, half joking.

You shook your head emphatically. "Please don't. I don't think that would be a good idea." you replied quickly and looked back at your dinner before anyone could ask.

Tony laughed. "Should we just assign him to your service instead?" he teased, intending to make you blush.

He succeeded and you refused to look up from your plate, playing with the lovelock in your hair. "I know you're joking and think you're funny. But that might be a good idea..." you said softly, embarrassed. Loki took your hand and squeezed it, reassuring.

"I'll keep that under advisement," Cap finally said, knowing he wouldn't get any more information out of you.

"Since you won't stop touching the thing when you're nervous, what's with those braids anyway?" Tony asked, apparently not done teasing you today.

"They are exchanged on Asgard as a token of love," Thor replied, standing up for both you and Loki.

"You let her desecrate your precious hair?" Tony teased Loki, who glared in reply.

"My lady's token does not desecrate anything, plus it provides me immunity from some of the werewolves' magic," Loki added. Everyone stared at you again.

"Immunity?" Nat prompted when neither of you spoke again.

"Against the spell of silence," you told them, playing with the braid in your hair again. "The spell that affected you all at the Christmas party, until you were in physical contact with one of the werewolves. We figured out that a lock of my hair is enough to protect Loki from it,"