Chapter 56

Loki chuckled and pet the top of your head to calm you. "Easy, darling. The morons aren't going to hurt us," he told you warmly. You stopped growling at the morons and sat next to Loki, letting him pet you. He chuckled and ruffled your fur. The morons continued to stare. "Sweetheart, maybe you should turn back now," Loki suggested. You huffed and licked his hand, but shifted back to human, your Asgardian dress shimmered back into place without leaving you bare for an instant. Loki really had gotten the spell working properly.

"To answer your questions, no, not all Midgardians can turn into wolves. That would be awesome if they could, and much less trouble for the werewolves having to hide what we are. I'm also not mortal," you teased them, smirking at their confusion.

"You're not...mortal?... but you're from Midgard," one of them said stupidly.

You laughed. "Lo? Are Thor's friends usually so dumb?" you whined, teasingly.

"Yes," Loki replied dryly and they growled and whined at him that they weren't dumb. When they stopped whining, Loki addressed them again. "Darling, these are Thor's moronic friends, known as the Warriors Three, Fandral, Hogun, and Volstagg, and this is Lady Sif, one of the fiercest warriors in Asgard," he nodded politely to the lady in armor who had approached and was obviously Thor's friend, but was apparently not lumped in with the morons. "This is my lady Y/N, Omega of the Alpha werewolf pack on Midgard." You all exchanged pleasantries.

"And what exactly is a werewolf?" Fandral asked.

"A subspecies of human who are immortal and have the ability to turn into wolves among other things," Loki explained quickly. "As my lady so kindly demonstrated for you already." His voice was still amused at how confused Thor's idiot friends were.

They seemed to finally recover, though. "A species of Midgardian who turns into wolves?" Lady Sif asked, nearly reverently. The boys were getting the same awed, revered expressions. You smirked at Sif's question and with a moment of concentration had shifted forms so your wolf-ears were out and your eyes were blue. Loki kissed the top of your head.

"She really is a wolf," Fandral said stupidly, his eyes full of wonder and awe.

"Thor's friends are weird," you informed Loki, unused to this weird awe as a form of attention.

Loki chuckled. "That they are, my darling," he told you warmly. "And I did warn you that wolves are treasured on Asgard. Thor's idiot friends just don't know how to show their appreciation for the gift in their presence," Loki explained. "Come on, little wolf, let's leave them to pick their jaws up off the floor and compose themselves like nobles of Asgard are supposed to behave. Really, they are acting as if they have never seen a wolf before," Loki rolled his eyes and you laughed and nearly vanished your wolf-ears. Loki caught your expression and kissed your wolf ears in turn to stop you. "Really, darling, you do not need to hide here," Loki reminded you softly as he led you away from Thor's moronic friends.

"You keep saying that, but even Thor's friends couldn't deal with what I am," you told him softly. Loki hugged you to him.

"They were just surprised, little wolf. We unkindly did not warn them what you are. Had I known it would upset you, I would have told them. They will be just fine once they adjust to their worldviews being broken," he reassured you quickly. "Mother knows and I swear she will love you,"

"Loki..." you told him doubtfully.

He stopped in the hall and stepped in front of you to face you. His fingers were under your chin, forcing you to meet his eyes. Damn Alpha traits acting up again. "You do not need to hide what you are here," Loki told you firmly. "I have told you before. Wolves are treasured. I promise you, love. I swear on all that I am that I would not lie to you, or deceive you ever, but especially not on something as important as this. I promise, you love, you're safe here in whatever form you choose to be. The people would treat you like a princess simply because I am courting you. They will treat you like a goddess because you can turn into a wolf. You'll see," he promised and leaned down to kiss you and kissed you well. You kissed him back, wrapping your arms around his neck. He broke the kiss after a long minute "So please don't hide, darling. Give them a chance,"

You nodded. "Alright," you told him shyly, but trusted Loki. He was right, he wouldn't tell you to do anything that would put you in danger or hurt you. So you bravely left your wolf-ears out, and your wolf was pleased.

Loki led you through the golden halls of the palace, pointing out places of interest and finally. "This is the healing wing. Mother's domain. She rules over the magicians of the realm and especially the healers, since she's the strongest healer in the realm," Loki explained proudly as he opened the door to the healing wing. A woman with golden hair and a long golden dress looked up from what she was working on. A bright smile lit her face as she stood. Loki strode forward to meet her, pulling you with him.

"Loki! You're home!" she greets him warmly and Loki dropped your arm when she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. His warm went around her as well. "I've missed you, my son,"

"And I, you, Mother," he told her warmly. The sight of him and his affection with his mother was heartwarming and something you realized you'd never properly experienced. She kissed his other cheek before she would consent to letting him go. "Mother, may I introduce my lady: Y/N, Omega of the Alpha werewolf pack on Midgard. Darling, this is my mother, Frigga, queen of Asgard."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am," you said shyly, keeping your eyes down, head bowed, a submissive wolf's greeting to a higher ranking one.

You weren't expecting her to hug you. "It's wonderful to meet you, dear," she told you so warmly that it nearly brought tears to your eyes. "My sons have told me all about you. It is a joy not only to have an honored wolf in our midst, but more importantly to properly meet the woman my son loves so dearly,"

Her words warmed your heart. You were accepted as her daughter within a minute of meeting her. Though you had no idea how it was possible, she had claimed you as her daughter more completely than your own mother ever had. It broke your heart and warmed it all at the same time. It hurt that your mother had never truly loved you. But it was amazing that Loki's mother had taken you in.

And you'd been afraid she would hate you for being a monster.