Chapter 78

The door to Loki's, now your, suite closed behind you after your escorts set you and Loki back on your feet. Loki locked the door and reinforced the shielding on the suite, guaranteeing your privacy. You couldn't help your nerves once you were alone. Sure, you'd had sex with Loki plenty of times before now, but this felt... different. It felt like there were more expectations on this night than any of the others, because Loki was your husband now.

Loki turned to you when the door was safely locked and you saw the love and adoration in his eyes. As well as the unbridled lust. You knew he had been waiting for this not only the entire day, but for the months you'd been planning.

That didn't make you any less nervous. You had to make this night perfect for him. It was his wedding night after all. It was so much more important than any other night of sex.

Which meant you had to perform well.

Loki closed the distance between you and wrapped his arms around you. He pressed a kiss to your hair between your wolf ears. They must've popped out in your nerves without you realizing. That wasn't a good sign. "Easy, little wolf. You know I won't hurt you," Loki soothed. You heard the worry in his voice. He didn't know why you were so nervous.

He didn't want you to be nervous.

"I know," you replied softly and focused so you could vanish the wolf ears. "But..." you hesitated, unsure how to explain.

"But-?" He prompted gently as his hand caressed your back soothingly. You could feel the desire radiating off of him, could feel his alpha power and presence, could feel his wolf calling to yours. He would keep his need leashed until he was sure you were ok to continue.

No matter how many times you'd had sex before, no matter how many times you would have sex in the future, consent was always sexy.

"But this night is so important to you and I want to make sure it's perfect," you admitted softly. You knew part of your problem was your upbringing. Your mother had given you some rather harsh expectations for your wedding night. She'd filled your head with nonsense about it only being for your husband's pleasure for years before you'd left home. She'd insisted you had to please your husband that night, had to prove your prowess in bed or he'd leave you and you'd lose all the status you'd earned. She meant the status you earned her, of course, back when she was trying to force you to marry Jareth.

Loki's fingers moved under your chin and gently lifted your face so you were looking up at him. "This night is absolutely perfect, little wolf. Even if all that happens is that I get to rest with your heartbeat next to mine, I will consider myself the luckiest man in all the nine realms," he reassured you gently. "I will never force you to my bed, being married does not change that," he seemed to understand where your sudden worry had come from and had put it into the words that you couldn't form. The expectation your mother had set was that you were to be at your husband's beck and call for sex whenever he wanted. It was a horrid thing to fill a young girl's head with.

You knew better.

You knew Loki better.

But until you'd heard it from him directly, you'd still had words echoing through your head.

Relief filled you at his words, and you stood up on your toes so you could kiss him. Loki's arms wrapped around you, holding you flush to him as he returned your kiss. His lips were cold as ever, his kisses gentle at first, but quickly got more demanding. He broke the kiss after a minute and looked down at you, his eyes mostly amber, his hands at the zipper to your lovely white wedding dress. He was pulling back to pause, to ask the question: "Are you sure?" His voice was husky with desire, but you knew then for absolute certain that he loved you enough to stop if that was what you wanted or needed.

He wouldn't force you.

In answer, you kissed him again more urgently and you let the wolf rise enough to give you confidence. You walked backwards to his bed, leading him with kisses as you helped each other out of your clothes. Loki had way too much knowledge of how your gown was fastened as you were out of it in moments, the silky material slid over your already sensitive skin, pooling on the floor as Loki helped you step out of it.

There was a trail of clothes by the time you reached the bed, Loki's cold hands trailed over your skin, causing you to purr with pleasure into the kisses as your fingers ran through his hair, tugging on the silky soft locks and making him gasp.

He pushed you backwards onto the bed.

You expected him to take you fast and hard with how needy he was, with how this was his wedding night. You could feel him hard against you as he kissed his way down your neck. Instead, he was torturously slow. He trailed kisses over every inch of your skin that he could reach, holding you still under him, not to hurt, just to have his way with you. His mouth and glorious silver tongue paid attention and worshiped every inch of your skin while you moaned and made such lovely noises beneath him.

You writhed, desperate for more before he'd even made it halfway down your body. Your nails raked his back in your impatience. "Patience, little wolf," he purred around your nipple as he nipped the sensitive bud between his teeth. Your back arched and you moaned louder.

"Loki, please," you whimpered. His hand roamed down your body to cup your core, to rub and tease and draw you closer to the edge of pleasure.

Where he held you while he teased and tasted you.

He earned his epithet 'silvertongued' over and over that night.

He shifted to kneel between your legs and shifted your hips so he could run his tongue across your clit. "Mine," he growled softly, the wolf claiming. His teeth and tongue worked you expertly, and had you crying out for him as he finally threw you over the edge of pleasure.

"Yours, my husband, my alpha," you purred in reply, dazed with pleasure already and knowing more was coming.

He lost the last of his control, then, and shifted position again, lining himself up. He eased inside, though it took effort, his fingers gripped the sheets hard as he forced himself to go slow. He didn't want to hurt you, even though you were more than ready for him, even at his size. He was so hard and you felt yourself stretch to accommodate him. You moaned and grabbed his hair, pulling him down into a hard kiss. He swallowed your moans and held you to him as he began to thrust inside you. Your bodies moved together as you both sought your pleasure.

You cried out into the kiss as he came within you, sparking your own orgasm.

You broke the kiss, panting and looked up into Loki's eyes. You expected that since he had found his release, he would be sated for the evening. Loki's eyes were green again, but held a glint of mischief. "No, darling. This was only the first of many, many rounds for this evening," Loki purred before he leaned in to kiss you again and began a night of so much pleasure that you lost track of how many times you both came before you fell asleep in a tangle of limbs, too exhausted and sated to move.