Chapter 8

Elsa's P.O.V.

Hiccup and I were in the car, on our way to the house in silence. We haven't said a word to each other once we got out of the doctor's office. I wonder what he is thinking about. "Hiccup?" I called out to him.

"Hmm?" He answered with his eyes set on the road.

"Do you ever regret getting me pregnant?" I asked him, quietly as I put my hand gently on his shoulder. This question has been bothering me for a bit. He looked at me quickly then back to the road.

"No! I am just confused about everything, you know?" He responded as his eyes shifted from the road to me to the road again.

"What I do regret is..." He started to say but I cut him off.

I really don't want to hear him say that he ruined my life of achieving my goals. In truth, this is just a path in my life Hiccup helped me go in. I really wouldn't trade any of this for the world. This is a really amazing experience that I am learning and I will keep learning about this, no matter what happens along the road.

"Shh, don't say it. You don't need to worry about that because I really don't care anymore. This is so much better than anything I've done. My life will be the same always. Pregnant or not. It's just something you can't see. Quit thinking that because you didn't ruin anything for me. If anything, you made a brand new path in my life, that I choose with my own free will to take. And you know what? I am truly happy. I mean being a new mother is exciting, thrilling, scary, confusing, nerve-wracking. But at the end of the day, I really don't want to change my life because, in my eyes, my life is already perfect just the way it is." I told him.

He stayed silent for a moment. He's thinking. I can see it. "You really think so?" He asked me.

"I know so," I said with a voice full of determination.

I am telling the truth. I am so proud of myself for finally coming to trust my abilities for being a mother. I'm proud of Hiccup. I trust he'll be an amazing father to this kid. It would have to be sooner or later because I need to prove to everyone, including myself that I am a strong woman. That nothing can take this or my happiness with me. I am stronger than I ever thought that I could be and I plan to keep it that I could be.

"So, you don't regret that I got you pregnant?" Hiccup asked.

"Really Hiccup? After that speech that I said to you, you really think that I regret anything that has happened between December and now? Use your head a little!" I said as I lightly smacked the back of his head.

"Okay, okay! No need to be violent towards me." Hiccup exclaimed as he rubbed the back of his head.

I scoffed at this as rolled my eyes. "Please, that wasn't even a smack. That was more like a pat on the head." I laughed at this.

I have a poor skill of being violent towards a person. That even though I just said that I was strong, physically I can't even hurt a damn fly. That's just how it is with me. "Sure, you little knucklehead." He said to me. We stayed silent for a moment.

"Elsa?" he started.

"What?"

"With all that being said, I think it is time to tell your aunt and uncle." He said slowly.

"What! Why?" I asked.

"Because in a few weeks you will be starting to show, sources and signs." He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"But, but..." I started to protest this but he cut me off.

"Would you rather have them learn the easy way or the hard way?" He asked me in a tone.