Chapter 19

Elsa'a P.O.V.

I feel pain. Should I feel pain? What even happened? Car accident. Hiccup hit a truck. Or the truck hit him.

Wait! Hiccup! Where is he? I really hope the accident didn't kill him. He was the last thing I saw before it all went black.

I slowly open my eyes. I manage to get a blurry view of the white ceiling tiles. I look over to my right to see I was attached to a bunch of wires. My gaze travels to the left. My heart flutters when I see Hiccup half asleep in the chair next to me. He looked pale. How badly was he affected by the crash? His bangs were bloodstained and along the left side of his forehead is what looks like a stitched up gash. It looked like it sliced eyelid. A separate stitch was in the middle of his cheek, probably about an inch long.

"Hiccup?...." He didn't move. "Hiccup?..."

He moaned weakly then slowly open his eyes. "Elsa?" He looked at me then opened his eyes more. "Elsa! You're awake." He slowly came to my side only to cringe in pain. "You're okay?" he whispered.

I sit up slowly. He helped me. I see the bandaged around his wrist. "Hiccup, you're hurt!"

"I'm fine, there just stitches!" he told me.

"What about your arm?" I ask, now feeling more concerned for him than anything. 

"Just a little sprain, I'll be fine." He whispers. "It's you I'm worried about, you took quite a hit."

I smile again when something pops into my head. "What about the baby?"

I watch his expression change. Did the baby die? If the baby died, it would be my fault. I don't think I could live with myself, knowing I killed mine and Hiccup's first child. "The baby's fine. They're doing an ultrasound later today." He said to me. I sighed in relief taking his hand gently.

"I'm so sorry," he tells me. "Because of me you almost died."

"Hiccup, you did the best you could to keep the car in control, I know that. But that truck came right for you." I tell him.

He sighed sitting down in the closest chair. "I'd never forgiven myself if you died."

"But I'm not dead. I'm right here." I said gently squeezing his hand.

Despite his face being covered in stitches, he smiled. "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." We stayed silent for a moment. Our silence was broken when a group of people can in with a nurse. I look to see my Aunt, Uncle, and Anna.

"Ms. Arendelle, Mr. Haddock. You're awake." The greeted us. The nurse slowly made her way to us but stopped at Hiccup. He still looked pale. I watched my aunt and uncle come to me slowly.

"How you feeling?" my aunt asked.

"Good,"

My uncle looked at Hiccup.

"How about you, Kid? You good?" Hiccup nodded slowly. The nurse touched his forehead making him cringe. I know that those were fairly fresh.

"Their both good. Their vital signs are good, I believe everything is good." She replied coming to me.

My uncle sighed in relief. Anna suddenly jumped. "What about the baby?!"

"The baby will be just fine." We all stay silent for a bit. 

All attention went to the door as it opened. Hiccup slowly stood up keeping himself balanced as his gaze focused on who came in the door. "Dad?" Mr. Haddock. He came. That's good. Hiccup really needs his dad right now. His father went to him slowly balancing him as Hiccup nearly fell.