Chapter 35

This is the last chapter of this book. I'm doing the authors note now because I want the end, to be the end. I'm going to make another. So I hope you liked the book and I really hope you like the next book too.

Nobody2014

Hiccup's P.O.V.

It's at least one in the morning. I should be asleep along with everyone else, but I do have some unfinished business to take care of. I looked at Elsa to make sure she's really asleep. I can feel her heavy breathing on the crook of my neck as I watch her chest move up and down in rhythm.

She appears to be at peace despite all of the hospital equipment hanging around her, that will make a normal person think twice. I softly kissed her forehead and gently moved her head from my shoulder to the pillow. I pull her blanket up to her neck and tuck her in. I looked at Elsa again to make certain she didn't wake up or anything. Better to be safe than be sorry. I smiled before I walked over to the bassinet that held the bundle of delight as he proceeds to sleep through the night. I should be grateful now since I most likely won't catch him in this peaceful trance at night once more.

I observe our son in their deep slumber. My child. MY child. After being on this planet for sixteen years, I have one person that I can finally call my child. This little boy is what I can call my son.

I'm finally what you can call a dad. It's all so weird. It's all so new. It's amazing! I feel so young to be called that yet so beyond my years to not be called that. There are actually no words to describe this unbelievable feeling that I have except awesome.

Over the past thirty-six weeks, I have been preparing myself for this day to come. I've read books, articles on the internet, looked up Youtube videos. I was so anxious that I was overpreparing myself on being the best dad ever to this baby, that I am shocked to know how underprepared I am. I possess all of the equipment that a father should have when their kids come to this world, but do I have the personality that a father should have? Can my laid-back personality actually be a bad picture for my kid?

How strict should I be when the baby grows up? What form of consequences should be set on the kid when they're in trouble?

I'm not so sure. I suppose it will just come to me as the day goes by. All I want is for Asher to be happy, healthy, and a good child. I don't desire them to be like the rest of the generation where a bunch of the kids is bratty, spoiled, disrespectful and what not.

Which makes me wonder, what can I do to make sure the innocent baby doesn't turn into tiny gremlins in the future? What kind of examples should I set on these youngsters? I'm so caught up in these nerve-wracking thoughts that I hadn't noticed I was sweating.

I took a deep breath. Relax, Hiccup. Overthinking won't get me anywhere and won't serve anyone at all. After all, Asher hasn't even around for one day yet. I did sign myself up for this. I have no other choice but be ready for the adventures that are to come along.

I took my sleeping infant in my arms as I walk him over to the dark-colored chair by the window. I sat down and carefully leaned back, so I won't frighten and wake him up or something. I simply looked at my son. This is truly the happiest day of my life. It was long and it was difficult to see the kind of struggle that Elsa had to go through tonight, but I knew it was worth it to see this small human in my arms. I kissed forehead as I gently rocked him in my arms. The most precious gift of my life.

I watched as Asher slowly opened his eyes and looked all around his area before he looked at me. Unaware of what's going on, he started to fuss but I managed to calm him down so he won't wake his mother up.

"Hey," I said, smiling at the word. His eyes were roaming around the maternity room, probably not even listening to me. But I have to try to tell this to them somehow and it's better sooner than never. "I will be honest with you: I have no idea how to be a father. I'm sixteen. But I do know that I love you and I will do anything I can to make your life amazing. I only hope my strong love for you is enough." Asher moved closer to me as he smiles at my small speech. But I do have more in mind. "Everything that I am. Everything that I have is yours, forever!" I stated.

Asher grasped my finger with his little hand, making my heart melt into goop. I smiled at their cuteness. He's so sweet and innocent. I can really tell it's going to a crazy hard, "I know we will all come through together as a family. I will be the best father that I can be."

I viewed as my son closed his eyes, his face helping to put my head at ease. I rocked the kid to sleep gently. "I promise to be the best dad ever."