Chapter 22

Jack's P.O.V.

I look in the driveway of Hiccup's house. He's not home. Good. "Why are we here again?" Merida asked me as she followed me to the large, black metal fence around Hiccup's house.

"Getting some simple revenge," I say.

"Don't you think you've tortured Hiccup enough?" She asked.

"It's Hiccup. I don't think so. He can be tortured until he snaps like a twig." I say.

"And when d'you he'll do that?" she asked me.

"I dunno. A couple of weeks or so."

Merida rolled her eyes. "I'm not doing this, Jack." She says.

"Why not?" I ask turning to her as I stop at the giant gate that is usually open but isn't right now.

"This is the mayor's house, Jack. We'll get it huge trouble if we're caught. I'm leaving." She says.

"Merida wait," I call. She doesn't listen to me and continue is to walk.

"Fine," I yell going back to the gate. I work a hanger ink the lock getting it open in seconds.

Luckily the dog didn't bark from the inside. That would be bad. I queerly go to the door trying to open it. Locked. I go into my bag pulling out a paper clip making it into his key design. I knew what his keys look like. I go for unlocking the door until I bright white light was shone on me. I look behind me to see the cops. Crap. I stand up slowly. "It's not what it looks like," I say.

"Really?" I turn to see Hiccup himself standing there with Elsa.

"Hiccup... Hi. Um. Nice to see you."

He had a dark look in his eye. But he looked more hurt than anything. "You tried to break into my house?" He asked madly as two cops came to his side.

"No, I left something here. I was coming to get it." I say.

"You haven't been to my house in like six months. Why would you leave something here?" he asked.

"Uh..."

"And even if you did leave something here. All you have to do is ask." He added.

I look away. "I know."

"So you were breaking into the mayor's house then." A cop asked.

I watched him pull out a set of hands cuffs. "Wait. What are those for?" I ask.

"You're being arrested for trying to break into the mayor's house." He stated as he handcuffed me. "Unless Mr. Haddock says otherwise."

"He's not even here," I say.

"His son is." I turn to Hiccup who looked at the cop. He looked uncertain. I know he's not going to let them take me. He couldn't do it. He hates putting people in harm. And me going to jail is going to bug him for the rest of his life. "Sir. What's the decision?" the cop asked him.

I'm Hiccup's best friend, he wouldn't send me to jail. Hiccup remained silent for a couple more seconds. He took a deep breath. "Take him,"

I couldn't believe what he said. "Wait, what!" I ask him. He didn't answer. The cops started to pull me to the car. The last thing I saw was Hiccup before I was forced into the car.

I think I know what just happened. Everything I've done paid of for this. Threatening Elsa at the hospital, trying to keep Elsa away from Hiccup. Trying to end their lives in a car crash and now breaking into his house. I can't believe I'm gonna' say this, but I went too far.