Chapter 25

Elsa's P.O.V

The next week

"Where are we going?" I ask Hiccup as we walk through the woods behind the house. The sun was actually out today.

"It's a surprise." Hiccup told me as he gently pulled me while blocking the branches from hitting me.

"Why must everything be a surprise?" I ask.

"I dunno. I just like it that way." He said.

I sigh but follow him. I know he's in a mood. A teasing mood. He's just teasing me. "Please tell me!" I whine playfully.

"Nope."

"Fine!" I pout.

He pulled me out to a waterfront. It was beautiful. "Let's keep going," He said to me gently pulling me again.

"We have to keep walking?" I ask.

"Not far." He said leading me to the dock. A boat was docked there.

"We're going out on the water?" I ask.

"Mhm." He gave me a quick smirk before helping me into the boat. He untied the boat them got in himself.

"Who's driving?" I ask.

He looked at me as the boat slowly started to float away from the dock. "Me,"

"You have a boaters license?" I ask.

"Yeah," he laughed a little starting the boat.

I sit down in the seat near him. "Okay. You can play piano and you have a boaters license." I start. "Is there anything else I don't know?" I ask.

He looked at me calmly. "There's nothing else. I promise." He said speeding the boat up a little.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Trust me, M'Lady. I don't lie." He said to me with a little laugh.

I just smile at him letting the wind get my hair. "Is this your dad's boat?" I ask.

"Nope."

"It's yours?"

"Mhm."

I give him a look. "You're dad let you have a boat?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"How long have you had it?" I ask him. I'm probably annoying him with all my questions.

"Not long after you moved here. It's brand new." He answered.

I give him another look then look ahead of me again. "You cold?" he asked me.

"No, I'm fine," I tell him.

"Okay." He replied slowing the boat down to a stop. I look around I see islands covered in trees.

"What's this place?" I ask him.

"My dad and I used to always take a boat out here when I was little," he started as he dropped anchor. "This place means a lot."

I watch him as he sat on the front of the boat. I try to climb up but can't."C' mere,"

He gently grabs me by my waist lifted me up. "Thanks."

I sit next to him looking at the island, resting my head on his shoulder. "It's beautiful," I tell him.

"Isn't it, I've known about this place for a long time. My dad said he and mom always came here." He explained his gaze switching from the island and me.

"I used to take a paddle boat out here. Probably when I was ten or eleven years old. I usually come here for Some alone time." He added. "I actually haven't been here in years."

"Well, it's perfect," I tell him.

"Yeah, I know it is. It's perfect for us." He starts. "It's perfect as you."

I give him a look. "Me?"

"Mhm."

"Hiccup. I'm not perfect. No ones really perfect." I say.

"I know, but you're more perfect than anyone I know." He says.

"You're just saying that." I imply

"No, I'm really not. I'd never want you to change. I love you for you." He told me.

"Really?"

"Yeah. There are people out there who lie about their lives to get noticed when really, it doesn't work." He started. He leaned against the windshield of the boat. I lean against him. "There's really only one person in the world that will make you happy, the one you belong with, the one who makes to feel safe. The one you will always love no matter what," he said calmly.

I look at him. "That's you," I say.

He looked at me tucking some of my hair behind my ear. "It's you too."

LATER

It's dark. We're still it on the water, on the front of the boat. Hiccup was rested against the windshield of the boat and I lay on his chest staring at the stars The moon was full making the light cast on the calm water. "Hiccup?" I call him quietly fearing to break the silence.

"Mhm?"

"Do you ever feel scared about being a parent?" I ask him.

I feel him take a deep breath. "Yeah. A lot of times, why?" he answered.

" 'Cause I'm admitting that I'm a little scared," I say.

"Why's that?"

"I've read a lot of things online and well, they say so many people had pregnancies that went wrong, Hiccup what if something happens," I explain to him.

"Els. Nothing going to happen. I promise. That stuff on the internet is Judy to scare people." He told me.

"But some of it's true!" I said.

"Yes I know, but you're just scaring yourself." He said.

"I am?"

"Els, we would know if something was wrong. But I know there's not, you're as healthy as could be, the baby is healthy as well." He said.

"But that's now, who knows what's going to happen in like three months," I tell him.

"You'll be fine." He shushes me. "I have faith in you, my dear."

"You do?"

"Of course I do. From the day you found out you were pregnant." He told me. "I may have been unsure myself, but I always believed in you."

"Your the best, you know that right?" I tell him curling up to him.

"No," he said. "But I know you're the best." He tells me as if he's playing a little challenge.

I just smile letting him win. "I don't know what I'd do without you," I whisper to him as we lay there on the top of the boat looking at the night sky.