Chapter 34

Elsa's P.O.V.

I stared at Hiccup and his dad door in shock. Hiccup looked unsure. "You came?" Hiccup asked his dad.

"Of course." His father replied.

This scene almost makes me wanna' cry. "Wanna' meet your grandson?" Hiccup asked his dad quietly, giving Asher to him.

Stoick took the baby gently looking at him. "He looks like you, Hiccup." He told him. Hiccup nodded a little. "So I've been told." He said quietly as his dad gave the baby back.

I see my aunt come to me. "Hi, sweetie." Aunt Bea said, smiling at me.

"Hi." I waved.

"Did you call him?" I ask about Hiccup's father.

"No. He came on his own. He said he wouldn't want to miss this for the world." She told me.

Hiccup comes back slowly looking to my aunt. They lock gazes for a moment. She smiled at him looking at Asher. "May I?" she asked him.

He nodded slowly letting her take the almost sleeping baby from his arms. "Look at this angel." my aunt cued. "He really does look just like you." My aunt said to Hiccup, smiling.

I heard the baby coo as he opened his green eyes again. I giggled at how similar he looks to his father. "What did you name him?" Anna asked, coming over to my bedside.

"Asher. Asher Drew Haddock." I say to her.

"Asher?" Anna asked. I nod.

"That's certainly different," Kristoff says.

"I know." Hiccup pointed out quietly. "That's why we picked it."

"Welcome to our family, little Asher," My aunt gushed, "I promise to spoil you in any way I can."

"Oh, geez," I said, sarcastically. Because the world needs more spoiled brats on their smart-phones, right? The group just laughed at my response. 

Hiccup stood by his dad watching my aunt and uncle. He looked happy and content, but I could tell he's missing something. I saw Mr. Haddock put his hand on Hiccup's shoulder again. Hiccup looked at his dad. "You're mother would've been proud of you son." He started.

Hiccup sighed wearily. "Would she?"

"From the second you were born, she wanted grandchildren. She had faith in you." He continued. "She was blessed with you, just like you were blessed with him." He finished softly.

I saw the familiar pang of sadness grow in his eyes. "I wish she was here right now. You know, to see her first grandson. I just wish I could've met her," He said quietly.

"I know you do, son. So do I." His father said quietly pulling his son closer to him as if to show sympathy. 

I wanted to cry. Hiccup never knew his mother. He'll never meet her and she will never meet her grandson. I look back at my family. Asher got passed to my uncle who held him for five minutes before passing him to Anna. Anna stared at her nephew for a minute. She looks happy.

She passed him to Kristoff who held him for two minutes then passed him to Merida. She held him for the shortest time then gave him to Rapunzel who cooed at the baby then gave him back to Hiccup who was still with his father.

"What a handsome little boy he is," My aunt said, admiring his looks.

I smiled a little. "Thanks." I saw my aunt look at Anna, Kristoff, Rapunzel, Merida, and Mr. Haddock.

"Can we have a private moment with Elsa, please?" She asked Anna, Kristoff the girls and Hiccup's dad. "Except, you, Hiccup."

"Sure," Rapunzel said before they walk out of the room, leaving me alone with Hiccup, my aunt and uncle, and the baby.