Chapter 28

Hiccup's P.O.V.

It's the beginning of August. Which means in estimate one full month until the baby is born. Elsa has been in a lot of pain lately. Only cause the baby keeps kicking her. Anna said its a fighter.

Rapunzel was with Elsa in the kitchen. The girls were talking about... Well, girl things. I go to the kitchen anyway. Elsa sat in a bar stool with her legs up. Rap sat on a table chair beside her. Elsa pointed madly to her stomach as Rap said something. "I want you out!" she told the baby playfully with a mad tone.

"What are you doing?" I ask her as I come in.

"Wishing the baby was born." Elsa sighed.

"Why?"

" 'Cause she complaining it's making her fat and clumsy." Rap told me with a laugh.

"Yeah. That and that she keeps kicking me." Elsa grunted. She? Since when was it a she. We don't even know the gender.

"It's a girl?" Rap asked her.

"No -- I mean -- I don't know, I just think it's a girl," Elsa said looking at me. "What do you think?" She asked.

"Uh. I think it's a he," I joke with her. "Either way, I'll love it just as much," I tell her.

She smiled then gasped in surprise. "What?" I ask her.

"The baby kicked." She said.

I give her a look. "Did she now?" I ask playfully.

"Mhm," Elsa answered then gasped again.

"Did she kick again?" Rap asked.

Elsa nodded. "She likes the sound of Hiccup's voice," Elsa said looking to Punzie then to me.

"She does?" I ask.

Elsa nodded slowly. "How do you know that?" Rapunzel asked.

"Every time Hiccup says something the baby always kicks me in the same spot."

Rapunzel smiled a little looking at me. "Looks like she likes you, Haddock," she told me.

"She should. But I have a feeling she's going to love her mother even more." I whisper loudly leaning against the counter.

Elsa started snacking on some of the chips in front of her. "Who do you think it'll look like more?" Rap asked.

Elsa and I looked at each other. "You." We both say to each other. "No. You." We say again. I roll my eyes playfully.

"If it's a girl then it'll look like you," I say.

"But." She started. "If it's a boy, it'll look like you." She said.

"Are you sure?" I ask. "It could be a mix," I say.

"Yeah. Elsa's blue eyes Hiccup's brown hair, Elsa's reserved personality, and Hiccup's stubbornness." Punzie jokes around. "That'll be quite the kid."

I give her a look. "I'm not stubborn," I say.

"Yeah, you are." She replies.

Elsa grunted in pain. "Ugh!! Can you not kick me there?!" she hissed. She grunted again leaning against the counter. "Fine, we'll have it you're way." She added then looked at me. "She doesn't listen." She adds. "I have a bad feeling the baby isn't going to listen much."

"Of course it's not going to listen, it's Hiccup's child." Rapunzel joked.

"Hey!"

"I'm kidding."

I roll my eyes jokingly. "Okay."

"I listen... Sometimes." I say.

"Yeah sometimes. Not when you're going being you're fathers back." Rap said.

"When was the last time I did that?" I ask.

Rap stayed silent for a moment.

"You don't remember the time, your dad said no to having a bird, so you snuck one into the high school two years ago." She told me.

"Okay, I get it," I give her a smirk.

She smiled back. I look to Elsa who started to yawn. "Tired?"

"Little bit..." She trailed off.

Rapunzel stood up slowly. "I'm going to go." She said. "I'll let you's sleep." She added.

"After all, you two only have so many days until there's no sleep." She said.

Elsa nodded. "I'll see you around." She said to her.

"Later," I add quietly.

Rapunzel smiled again then slowly left the house. Elsa then looked at me. "You don't mind me taking a nap, do you?" she asked.

"I don't mind. You need all the sleep you could get." I tell her.

She smiled as I helped her off the bar stool. "Thanks."